Yeti GOBOX Collection

Interesting Prompt For Discussion - Deer Butchering in Public

Person one: Well geez, I can see where that’s a little offensive to some.

Person two: Huh. I think you’re kind of a pussy that you would find that in any way offensive.

Person one: Well, isn’t it a little ironic that you think I’m a pussy, and you’re offended that I’m offended?

Person two: I already told you, I am not a $*)Q!#@$ Democrat!

Person one: Well geez, I can see where that’s a little offensive to some.

Person two: Huh. I think you’re kind of a pussy that you would find that in any way offensive.

Person one: Well, isn’t it a little ironic that you think I’m a pussy, and you’re offended that I’m offended?

Person two: I already told you, I am not a $*)Q!#@$ Democrat!
🙄Person two I do all my butchering in the coat closet.

Nah I'll bet even @TOGIE voted for trump.

It is what it is. But I can guarantee the guy wasn't doing this to be a jackass or anything for that matter. The guy grew up probably watching his great granddad, granddad, and dad do the same thing never giving it a second thought. I know my Appalachians trust me. This dude was just minding his business happy to put meat in the freezer. So when ya call this guy a dick or asshole or dumbass It's slightly irritating to me. Poor choice possibly but it literally never crossed this dudes mind and that is A-OK with me.

(a) One Guy hangs deer in the front yard even while fully aware this may be upsetting to others and plans to do it again next year - I wouldn't do it, but hey it is his right.
(b) Dozens (maybe hundreds) of people blissfully ignorant about hunting get offended and thereafter vote against hunting and 2A issues and send donations to PETA - I wouldn't do that either, but hey it is their right.
(c) HT laments vanishing respect/support for our passion - hey, did we really expect (a) and (b) to end differently?

Maybe if we do want a different ending, maybe our traditions/approaches need to update themselves for 2022.

Last edited:
@FoodIsMemories
As the voice of reason in hunting media, do you have anything to add to the discussion?
Bro 8 pages… I’ve tried to refrain entirely….

I have no idea what you want my opinion on but here’s what I gathered from page 8.

@Hilljackoutlaw is the man.
@TOGIE dont be ashamed. He’s coming back.. 🤣
I knew the lot of you were Libs….
I butcher my meat in the garage… coat closet might be cleaner. And still, I’ve had complaints of every professionally packaged slice of meat I’ve received so I’ll stick to the garage with a cigarette hanging out my mouth.

If I was him I’d hang 4 deer next year. Hell I remember driving by neighbors in the country as a kid and being excited to see a deer hanging. Wasn’t uncommon to see a beef or hogs hanging in a barn in the winter.

Society is soft and that’s where the stat that if society collapsed 80% of people in cities would be dead within 2 weeks.

He did nothing wrong, if you don’t like it don’t look.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back