Inflation is real

Ok P.S.A remember to clean the old sauce packets out of your truck on a yearly basis.
Backpacking ranks up there with swimming/ wrestling match and on a pontoon boat with your wife's coworkers for worst place to get violent diarrhea.

Consider yourselves warned!
Did the papa John's garlic butter get you too?

How the heck are you wearing out trekking poles!? I’ve had the same pair forever.
Too much trekkin.

They eventually get bent enough times they won’t adjust length anymore. Usually still somewhat useable at a fixed length but I’ve had them where i couldn’t get them to extend or it was such a hassle it wasn’t worth it.

How the heck are you wearing out trekking poles!? I’ve had the same pair forever.
Rocks are hard on them. I go through a set every other year. Usually break the bottom 2" off, snap at a joint or bend them if they're aluminum. I've probably gone through a dozen pairs in the last 20 years. I've had really good luck with the cheapo Cascade Mountain Tech poles, recently. Only broken one in the last 4 years. Black Diamonds are lucky to make it a year.

Look at you Mr. Fancy... Dirty dishes aren't nearly as cool as the sound a can of spray cheese makes!

I haven't had spray cheese in forever. This conversation might make me try it again...
My vet sprays it on the floor, and while my pup is licking it up, she gives Lena her vaccine shots. Today is the 3rd round of vaccines. You can come along and help Lena lick cheese whiz of the floor. For free!

My vet sprays it on the floor, and while my pup is licking it up, she gives Lena her vaccine shots. Today is the 3rd round of vaccines. You can come along and help Lena lick cheese whiz of the floor. For free!
Thanks for the offer, but I'll just swing in to walmart and take a squirt off the shelf before I decide if I want any or not! That feels like the walmart thing to do!

Rocks are hard on them. I go through a set every other year. Usually break the bottom 2" off, snap at a joint or bend them if they're aluminum. I've probably gone through a dozen pairs in the last 20 years. I've had really good luck with the cheapo Cascade Mountain Tech poles, recently. Only broken one in the last 4 years. Black Diamonds are lucky to make it a year.
You guys should try the Spartan Ascent legs for your trekking poles. :p

I dont know how you guys can afford those fries or those samiches. You must all be car salesmen or something.

I dont know how you guys can afford those fries or those samiches. You must all be car salesmen or something.
Lois:
Have you designed any buildings in New York?

George Costanza:
Have you seen the new addition to the Guggenheim?

Lois:
You did that?

George Costanza:
Yep. And it didn't take very long either.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back