Indiana update...

RUT JUNKEY

Well Ive been so busy this Fall I haven't had a chance to post much...so, pic heavy to follow...
As of today Nov 1, here in the Hoosier state they have harvested 16,601 deer...gun season opens the 12th...numbers will skyrocket at that point. This is the first year for a full blown HPR season. Here are a few pics from this summer/fall....a mix for sure. Hope you enjoy and good luck to everyone this Fall!2016 buck 2.png2016 buck 5.jpg2016 buck 3.png2016 bucks.jpgBOBCAT 2.jpgIMG_3475.jpg

Good luck if you can get out before the gun opener! Pard shot one on Saturday that came to a call and saw two other bucks chasing a doe, so it's getting right. I'll be taking both kiddos out for the gun opener so doubt I'll be pulling the trigger, but hope we can get something close enough to shoot.

PS- Those are some dandy buck pics!!

Nice pics RJ. Hopefully it cools down soon, I'm sweating in my Summit as I type this.

Look forward to seeing one of those dandy bucks on the ground soon..

Nice pics....I got my first bobcat on trail cam this year.

Hey Jeff, those are some brutes! I don't know how you could hunt skycarp with those big fellas lurking in your woods :) I had a crappy summer of pictures and then mid October they just started showing up. I will text you the biggest one. He has made it hard to get any work done the last 3 days since pulling trail cam card. Best wishes, Get after em !

Great pics! I hunt southern Indiana. Strange thing is I haven't seen deer in over 6 weeks. Usually see up to 10 in the evening or at night coming home. I'm probably being paranoid, but last year I found a tree stand (trespasser) on the property and took it down. It was clearly a homemade stand, and also clearly for archery as it wasn't all that far from the house. Pretty ballsy. I'm wondering if this person has continued to trespass, and has pushed the deer from their sanctuary - which wasn't too far from the stand I found. Or, if because it was such a wet summer, and the woods are so full of forage, the deer are simply sticking to the woods vs. fields. Hopefully Nov 12 will reveal.

shawfish- Where in So IN? My nephew has been covered up with deer. Near Patoka Lake. Shot is first buck with a bow yesterday, a nice 8pt. He missed a shot on a larger buck prior in the morning when his bow string got tangled on his sleeve. He was in the stand 20min and saw 4 bucks a 5 does. Seems like the rut timing and colder weather on Saturday could make for a very fun day. Hope I can get a few deer in front of my kids.

Am near to Nashville in Brown County. Looks like coolest weather for the next 10 days will be opening morning. Last year I happened onto a nice buck - totaled 17 points if you count all the junk. He ate good as well. Wishing you and your kids great hunting and great memoriesDeer-pic-3.jpg!

Great buck, congrats! But from where I grew up and now hunt, you are way north of me... ;) :D

I thought the same. Patoka Lake and Hoosier NF are awesome! Hope you score one of those great looking bucks! I'd be happy if the buck stopped here ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back