I'm UNEMPLOYED!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 280:
...,,yes sir I would be proud to be from Texas<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You moving here too? Its heat index 103-108 today here, how about there, what's the weather there today?

1_pointer, do you have data? Do the sheep eat more sagebrush than that other stuff or just if there is a bunch of sagebrush there or what? You don't breed them to eat sagebrush do you? What's your data say?

ohhh moosie you just chumped yourself again (i am sure you are used to it) up a couple of posts Tom asked a question I answered, you shot your mouth off again,,,laughin at ya

Moosie that pee-wee dick thing is hysterical! can you email it to me? 1 pt. it was just a suggestion [private sector] i made some good money shopping myself out as a contract guy and retired at age 39, i know you will do what is best for yourself. anyway i wasn`t trying to start a war over it, then two moron`s [mtmiller/rockdog] started their bullshit, Now moosie and 280 are at it, Damn i love this hunttalk site its very interesting and entertaining.

280, YOU got me again.. Golly I Got chumped... I didn't see that post by tom....
rolleyes.gif
Just like I didn't know you had any tags in Montana... WOW, that story I wrote Actually I thought THAT really happened too....
eek.gif

WOW, You sure made me look silly....

PS, You're still a Dumb ASS !! But you don't need me to tell ya right ? Look in the Mirror and read this...

"AIM sofa King we Todd Did".. Keep saying it over and over
elkgrin.gif

HEY cjcj... Right click it and Save it to your Hard drive. thats how I got it.

i don`t make you look silly,,you seem to have a knack for doing it to yourself

I love that line Moosie. Everytime I hear a furniture ad about a sofa sale, it takes me back to Canada and Paul's pick-up.
biggrin.gif

cj- I appreciate the advice. I'm thinking the private sector will be for when I semi-retire. That way I can pick and choose when I work and when I hunt. Hell, there's even the possiblity of me going back for more school!!! 18.5 straight years wasn't enough!
wink.gif
BTW, what did you do for a living?

Tom - I have almost 1200 data sheets full of it!
eek.gif
The problem is that in this area, there is too much sagebrush. It outcompetes the grass and forbs, which are better food for wildlife and livestock. The driving force is the forbs, as they are critical for sagegrouse reproduction. The hens need the high nutrition, especially calcium, when laying eggs and the chicks eat the insects associated with the forbs as they can't eat sagebrush until they are 6 weeks old. No, I don't breed sheep I let the boys from MT do that!
tongue.gif
We supplemented them with protein, as pen trials showed that allowed them to consume more sagebrush because they are able to break down the secondary chemicals (those that make it smell good), particularly terpenes. Sagebrush is actually good browse as it's about 9% crude protein, but the terpenes make the animals sick. That is how sagebrush protects itself instead of growing spines. I am working on figuring out what the data say. It seems that the supplemented reduced the amount of sagebrush more than the unsupplemented. I haven't got to the herbaceous data yet. I'll let you guys know when I do.

1pt. i worked in the aerospace industry [hardware] machining/ tool design/ manufacturing, mostly processing jobs from blueprint to the finished product [mechanical eng.] CAD/CAM was just getting started back then, nobody uses a drafting board anymore, NC machining was the big thing.

Yeah, the herbaceous that will be interesting to see what it does to the terpines as far as supplement versus no supplement, I see, let us know on those hervaceouses?

Did you put the data sheets in excell or something like that yet?

Yep, the data is in excel, I'm working on the summary of it so I can get to the analysis. The data is in on the sheep and they focused on the grass and forbs until they ran out. Then they HAD to eat the sagebrush, of which the supplemented did much better. Actually, they ended the trials because the unsupplemented sheep were starting to look quite skinny as they just couldn't handle the sagebrush and thus weren't eating much of it.

No kidding, wow. So, the protein supplement helped the sheep eat the sagebrush and do better. Am I getting it?

Does that work with deer, do you know?

What about the herbaceouses though, what will that do? I guess you'll tell us later, eh.

That's it! May work with deer, but shouldn't be needed that much as they (mule deer) do well enough on sagebrush. All the herbaceous species were eaten to the ground, which had little effect on them as this was done in late October after they had went dormant. The come-back by all species was hampered the first year because the site only recieved 2.6" of precipitation. This year however, it looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back