I'm UNEMPLOYED!

1_pointer

My summer internship with the Salt Lake field office of the BLM ended today. I am now officially unemployed!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Hopefully, I will be starting back up with them in a week or so, but won't say for sure till I sign the papers. So, at least for next week I'll be banging...away at targets and my thesis! May have to get out to do some scouting for the upcoming seasons!
wink.gif
Here's to unemployment!!!!
cool.gif

Thanks guys! If it is permanent, I guess I'll just have to get the wife working extra shifts!
wink.gif
She's my 'SugarMomma' and knows it!!!
biggrin.gif
I'll be back at work, just couldn't stand being home all day everyday.

Only a couple of weeks until WY deer opener. Hunting the mountains is better than sitting on the couch.

Hope they pick you back up at BLM or find another opportunity somewhere in the country that also works out for the wife.

Craig- I'm pretty sure I'll be back with them, it's just that the range lead just took over duties last month and the renewable resource manager is out on fires. The temporary range lead is not familiar with the system it takes to get me on, so the process is a bit slow. Hmmm...WY looking for deer? Maybe they can wait a couple of more weeks!
wink.gif

1 pt. a man with your talent might want to try the private sector, it pays better,and in the right situation, you can advance farther and faster.

Dont listen to cjcj, stick with the gummint.

Their retirement is many times better and more secure. Do it right, you'll retire with well over a cool mil. in your TSP account if you max it out. Thats on top of your federal retirement.
biggrin.gif

Plus you get every national holiday off, and 4-6 weeks vacation every year. You can also get comp time instead of OT, even more vacation, or if you need the $$$, its paid out time and half. Sick leave is great, especially with the family leave act.

The insurance is pretty good as well.

Working for the gummint has its down side, but the pay is on par with private consultants, sometimes better, depending on location. Its also not nearly as fickle security wise...

Do it right, and you'll have a rewarding and meaningful career as well as set yourself up for financial security long run.

Most importantly, you'll have plenty of time to hunt and fish. You wont be one of those old crusty, grumpy bastards out there saying, "I wish I would have had time to hunt (fill in the blank) but I was just too busy and didnt have enough vacation/money".

You'll have enough of both.

Case in point, I paid for my Dall sheep hunt with 2 fire checks in 1994....

Plus, I got paid the whole time I was hunting and fishing in AK, and still had vacation to burn when I got back. Life is great!

I don't konw about you, but I would sideline the targets, and concentrate on finishing the thesis. You may not have another opportunity like this one. I know that last year, I took a week off from work and spent 8-9 hours a day working on mine. I still didn't get it complete. Then there is the polictical BS you have to go through to get it signed by your Advisor. Hell, you can always shoot at targets, but the title MSLS, (Master of Science, Less Paper) is not appealing.

cool.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-24-2003 10:53: Message edited by: danr55 ]</font>

Hell yea lets all sit on our ass pushing paper for the government, Hey Buzz try comparing what a scientist/ bioligist working for say a drug company makes vs. BLM. or G&F,or forest circus. some people should stay with the gummit cause they can`t make it on the outside anyway.

Thanks for your input cjcj. I am especially impressed with folks whom showoff their vast lack of knowledge.

Do you strive to be ignorant or are you just a dick?

I was surprised to read in your bio that you are retired, you come off more as a 12 year old in my opinion.

Why don't you and Buzz ask Moosie to create a private forum for you two to battle so you don't waste everyones time.

cjcj, your an ignoramus.

1pointer, Good luck with your search. Ive worked in the corporate world for almost ten years now and my advice would be to look towards govt first.

About 80% of the people i work with hate the corporate life and are very unhappy with it. There is no HONOR, your basic mission is to make money for the share holders. Unless of course you really get a kick out of stepping on others backs to move up the corp. ladder.

And...the friends that i know that have left to work for government make as much or more money, get twice the time off, and will actually retire someday.

Meanwhile, corporate america continues to cut benefits to make profits look better.

JUST TO BEAT YOU TO IT IGNORAMUS (AKA CJCJ), I have been fairly successful in the private industry so im not a sore loser. Its just a soulless culture and the people around me arent happy.

Sorry to hear about your unemploment situation Pointer, but if it had to happen, you couldn't have picked a better time.

You guy's ought to try being self employed. Beats the heck out of working for the gubbermint or for corporate America! I enjoy myself every day, and the pay for good work is not too shabby either. It's pretty rewarding counting on your own skills and wits to survive.

Paul

Call me what you want, I must have hit a raw nerve, on you governmemt boys! MT miller and Rock dog YOU just can`t handle the truth!

Quit calling names and back your play! if you and miller cant do it then who is truly ignorant! you guys basicaly said nothing in your last posts about me. THINK about it.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back