Yeti GOBOX Collection

I'm getting my butt kicked

mdcrossbow

The 1st time out I saw the Ole whilly Tom with 2 hens...OK I figured I had his number , where he was hanging his hat and chasing the ladies. So next time out I set up and he went the other way. So this morning I set up in an area where he headed too the last time and game a few tree yelps and again a no show , the darn bird hung around my ground blind on the other side of the patch of woods. Now do I keep after him or go after one of the many other Ole Toms across the road whole are not as smart ? I sure do not want to get a complex over this Ole Tom LOL I may wait a week or two and go after him when he has done all his hens and comes looking. He is a very content Old bird.

Best of luck in predicting what they will do. Might as well flip a coin LOL.

I was lucky to call one in for a youth this Sunday. The 13 year old took the shot and the Tom flew away. :eek:. However this was the 1st time the youngster ever saw one in strut and also the 1st time he ever saw one up close.:cool: We might try to get him another chance this weekend. I am sore from the 2 days with him so I have't went out for myself.;)

LOL Tom. I called in a bird for my son 4 years ago. It turn out to be the Boss. 1 1/2" spurs and 111/2" beard 26 pounds. The farm owner said I am jealous and I said I am too, he then said : ya but I've been hunting this bird 2 years. LOL That Ole Tom was on a string when I he we were one of his hens and heading to his rivals area away from him. Myy son Jake whacked him at 20 paces. Man was I syked ! I think more so then my son. who was 15 at the time.

Yesterday morning I was sitting in my ground blind and waited till the ole Tom goobled before letting him know I was there. He him the ground all puffed up and headed my way. He was gobbling and strutting and closing the gap. At 70 yards a sweet heart showed up and took him away. Fowled again. LOL I settled in for a snooze but then about 20 minutes later I catch movement of 3 young 2 year olds sneaking in from behind me. My gun was at my side and as I brought it up to the shooting position one of the little suckers catches the movement and a split second before the shot he takes off. Dooo ! Always next weekend.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back