Im bowing out

When I sold in MT last fall, cash buyers had an advantage to me as seller. When we bought, I waived the inspection contingency. Avoiding the hassle and potentially reopening up of negotiations is a huge plus for both, but particularly seller.
National rates are just under 4% this week and the first time 30yr mortgage is above 10yr long term average. That may change the times. But cash is still king.
Everyone waiving the inspection contingency right now is going to bite a good percent of these buyers in the ass in the years to come.

Or the banks that end up owning them when the owner walks.

Buyer asks wtf is taking so long. Builder says drywall sub wants 20% more or will go to other jobs first. Replacement sub is 30 % more and a drunk. What do you want to do? 20 % increase in material by next week too.

Industry is screwed right now. Best to wait if have a choice.

Honestly curious (not trying to be a smart ass. I know it can be hard to tell on the internet). In your experience in the industry, what do you see happening, or needing to happen, to correct the current trends in residential construction?

On the flip side, I think Detroit is still offering to pay people to take ownership of houses in their suburbs. You could 'buy' a whole city block there for the price of a single family home in CO. Supply/Demand
Yeeaah, umm, then you have to live in Detroit. No thanks!

Honestly curious (not trying to be a smart ass. I know it can be hard to tell on the internet). In your experience in the industry, what do you see happening, or needing to happen, to correct the current trends in residential construction?
More honest people from banks, to builders, suppliers, buyers, realtors, ect.
More young people getting into the trades......because they want to.....not because it pays well right now.

Not sure there are any "burbs" anymore lol. Houses in BFE aren't much cheaper than Denver. Congrats on the house!
We used to live in the 'burbs - Thornton. It didn't take but few years before that whole area got swallowed up by houses. Now that area is essentially just part of Denver.

I'm workshopping a standard response to all habitat, point system, muley/sheep population, CWD, Montana hunting, and cost of living threads. Something like:

"It's ****ed, we're all ****ed. **** it."
I have been using that response for the last couple years for just about everything. Never been a bumper sticker guy but I'm strongly considering this one. Would you like me to order you one as well?
Screenshot_20220209-142409_Samsung Internet.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rcb2000
Back