Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

I'm 20 years old. What's your excuse?

It's a good excuse to tote my elk. What I wouldn't give for 20 yr old eyes and legs again.
Those weren’t the legs doing the navigating for most 20 year olds…

Then or….

Way back then.

Can’t say for now.

Well here we go, another season is upon us. Yes you read that right I'm a whopping 20 years old and still a kid in the eyes of most everyone. I'm going to try and start this "journal", if you want to call it that, to try and motivate people to step out of their comfort zones and see that it is possible at any age to go and hunt. Now, I know what your thinking, and yes I have bills just like you. Rent, utilities, insurance, phone, a truck payment, WiFi, etc and in my "young and dumb" age I bought a RZR to scoot around the mountains so I even have that payment. No I don't have kids so I can't speak to that specific situation but I hope my adventures give you enough hope and motivation to work around those different situations.

Now I suppose I should give you a little bit of information on who I am. I’m 5th generation, living in a small town of under 3000 people. I've been very blessed to live 15 minutes from “The elk hunting capital of the world”. Literally. I also guide hunts when I don't have a tag of my own. I was blessed to be born and brought up in a family heavily involved in the outdoors. I was born in December and the following October my father had me in a backpack style baby carrier with his 30-06 in his hand chasing elk. I'll try not to brag too much but I've been lucky enough to kill 3 nice muley’s and a good 5X6 elk with my bow as well as a couple small bulls and a handful of cows with my 30-06. I never gave my dad enough credit about his knowledge and skill because he was with me every time I squeezed the trigger. Then I turned 16. My best friend and I decided to go out on our own. Let me tell you, I haven't killed anything since! This year is the year that spell ends.

Here's my 2019 hunting schedule not including any guiding or family I’m taking:

• Colorado Archery Antelope (Starting August 15)
  • Colorado OTC Archery Elk ( Starting August 31)
  • Colorado OTC Archery Bear (Starting September 2)
  • Colorado 2nd Season Rifle Mule Deer (Starting October 19)
  • Arizona Rifle Coues Deer (Starting November 29)

I’m going to try my absolute hardest to be diligent in keeping up on this. Hopefully anyone can follow this step by step and feel like they can do exactly what I’m doing!
IMO you are on the right track. You are blessed to have a Dad who took you hunting & instilled in you a hunting heritage. As for your youth & experience. When I got into predators hunting as a boy. My Dad & his 2 hunting buds taught me how to spot long range canine. I had eyes like a hawk back then & would often spot one buried down in a snow drift way out there with the naked eye. They used bino's. They didn't believe me at 1st. After all, I was just a young guy. haha

Starship log hasn’t been updated in a while.
*contraire mon frere

Been too busy in these photo shoots practicing angry faces for their website apparently to be hunting. Clown show headquartered out of Wisconsin, you know, ground zero for hard core western public land hunting. LOL

View attachment 118364

View attachment 118365
And y’all are always mad at ME for wanting to ban out of state hunters like these from creating their content in my back yard.

I am going to up my game. First off I am getting a flat brimmed hat and next a YouTube channel.. I need to learn some Bro lingo too, so if anyone has any suggestions on where to find "Bro Speak for Dummies" let me know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back