Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

If this is legitimate, I hate it

elkduds

Source is the always questionable Center for Biologic Diversity, but still. . .

New oil trains could soon send millions of barrels of climate-destroying oil from Utah's Uinta Basin through Colorado.

Tell Sens. Bennet and Hickenlooper and your representative to stop this dangerous plan in its tracks.

Oil trains over a mile and a half long would be routed through Colorado, creating new wildfire hazards. Tennessee Pass could be reopened, threatening Browns Canyon National Monument and the Arkansas River.

The U.S. Forest Service can stop this misguided plan by denying a right-of-way through the Ashley National Forest. And it must. Colorado can't afford either the local dangers of oil trains or the global climate damage.

Tell Sens. Bennet and Hickenlooper and your representative to demand that the Forest Service deny the right-of-way permit.

Those trains will likely move pretty slowly through the curves and will give dozens of escaped convicts a convenient way out of that dustbowl. ;-)

I think there are 8 northbound and 8 southbound trains through our town everyday. They haul a variety of things but mostly frac sand and ethanol north and crude oil and grain south. They go slow on the track, maybe 35 mph. The train tracks block in town on one side and Mississippi River on the other. the biggest problem is when a north train has to wait for a south train or vice versa. They may block a crossing for several hours. There are a few details in the area each year. The railroad is usually quick on the ball to fix shit. A flood took out a train bridge 6 or 7 years ago and the railroad had a complete bridge built in 2 weeks working 24/7

Source is the always questionable Center for Biologic Diversity, but still. . .

New oil trains could soon send millions of barrels of climate-destroying oil from Utah's Uinta Basin through Colorado.

Tell Sens. Bennet and Hickenlooper and your representative to stop this dangerous plan in its tracks.

Oil trains over a mile and a half long would be routed through Colorado, creating new wildfire hazards. Tennessee Pass could be reopened, threatening Browns Canyon National Monument and the Arkansas River.

The U.S. Forest Service can stop this misguided plan by denying a right-of-way through the Ashley National Forest. And it must. Colorado can't afford either the local dangers of oil trains or the global climate damage.

Tell Sens. Bennet and Hickenlooper and your representative to demand that the Forest Service deny the right-of-way permit.

Climate destroying oil? Do some research before you speak.

Yes
SUE LAWYER SUE!

lol

no

Climate destroying oil? Do some research before you speak.

Sounds like you should have supported a pipeline...
Living near active train tracks sucks. It was progress when trains quit running through Canon City 20 years ago. Hate to see them come back, especially trains full of toxic coal or oil. If they carried organic, natural products like hemp/cannabis, livestock and manure, or tourists from blue states. I might like trains better.

Nope, I'd still hate trains as much as I despise people who are in love w their own opinions and are blind to sarcasm.

Yes

Living near active train tracks sucks. It was progress when trains quit running through Canon City 20 years ago. Hate to see them come back, especially trains full of toxic coal or oil. If they carried organic, natural products like hemp/cannabis, livestock and manure, or tourists from blue states. I might like trains better.

Nope, I'd still hate trains as much as I despise people who are in love w their own opinions and are blind to sarcasm.

Honestly did you really say if they haul something from blue states? You do realize that Trains run on diesel that is made from oil products? I bet you put gas in your car that comes from oil. I bet you changed your oil with oil in your car. Ok let's talk about the tires on your car YEAH OIL. OK Highways and county blacktop. Yeah oil or should I say petroleum products.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back