If this is legitimate, I hate it

Sounds like you should have supported a pipeline...
I would support them more if they were built right & maintained right.But that does not happen. Those pipe fitters can build a nascar frame maybe,but their pipelines are shit.

I'm pretty sure I'm done with this nonsense.
Trains go past your river trailer 60mph on the half hour every half hour.

My biggest bitch about the RR is they block off large areas of the Upper Mississippi River wildlife refuge on both sides. It’s trespassing to cross tracks not at a crossing and the RR police enforce it. They know where Ice fisherman and duck hunters cross at to access the refuge and wait for them.

@elkduds

The lawyer joke is from Brian Regan.

I guess a couple of thoughts, similar to my comments on ANWR the Unita Basin is though because it generates a ton of bad press and lawsuits... which is essentially why you posted CBD is suing.

It also has huge take away and water constraints. This makes it uncompetitive, little interest from public companies or private. Unita companies were the first to go under during the pandemic, the firs to lose rigs the numbers just didn't make sense.

This push isn't coming from industry, it started in 2019 and is driven by local Utah government, specifically Seven County Infrastructure.

They are apparently hoping that they can reduce the takeaway cost + make themselves a bunch of money. Good luck...

This article and the CBD post cite 350,000 barrels a day... so for the record that's like what New Mexico produces.

Utah Rigs Oct 2020 - 0
Utah Rigs April 2022 -13
New Mexico Oct 2020 -44
New Mexico April 2022 -96

So yeah 350,000 is absolutely ridiculous and will never happen.

That all being said $100 oil so there will be more drilling in Utah... but definitely not the scale they are talking about.

I think there are 8 northbound and 8 southbound trains through our town everyday. They haul a variety of things but mostly frac sand and ethanol north and crude oil and grain south. They go slow on the track, maybe 35 mph. The train tracks block in town on one side and Mississippi River on the other. the biggest problem is when a north train has to wait for a south train or vice versa. They may block a crossing for several hours. There are a few details in the area each year. The railroad is usually quick on the ball to fix shit. A flood took out a train bridge 6 or 7 years ago and the railroad had a complete bridge built in 2 weeks working 24/7
You guys do have excellent sand, pretty much the gold standard.

My biggest bitch about the RR is they block off large areas of the Upper Mississippi River wildlife refuge on both sides. It’s trespassing to cross tracks not at a crossing and the RR police enforce it. They know where Ice fisherman and duck hunters cross at to access the refuge and wait for them.
Yep. BNSF railway. F*** them.

Lol I know that. I'm just replying about how oil is bad. It's the off season so we must argue.

I would suggest you download the DOT ERG APP so you can understand the serious hazardous chemicals that are ROUTINELY transported through your towns either by truck or rail by identifying what the cargo is being carried. Oil, by far, is walk in park in comparison.

My coworker and I are both certified pesticide applicators so we keep the DOT books they give us in our trucks. whenever we see a placard we try to guess what it is and then look it up.

Yes

Living near active train tracks sucks. It was progress when trains quit running through Canon City 20 years ago. Hate to see them come back, especially trains full of toxic coal or oil. If they carried organic, natural products like hemp/cannabis, livestock and manure, or tourists from blue states. I might like trains better.

Nope, I'd still hate trains as much as I despise people who are in love w their own opinions and are blind to sarcasm.
Your property was likely cheaper to purchase because of the train tracks.

Because I don't want a mile and a half of trains hauling oil or anything else through Canon City or Florence where I live. The tracks go right through town.
So, not in my back yard? Were the trains running before you moved there, or after?

Honestly did you really say if they haul something from blue states? You do realize that Trains run on diesel that is made from oil products? I bet you put gas in your car that comes from oil. I bet you changed your oil with oil in your car. Ok let's talk about the tires on your car YEAH OIL. OK Highways and county blacktop. Yeah oil or should I say petroleum products.
you must have missed his last post about sarcasm

Having dealt with a few RR's on ROW issues I can attest these guys have no sense of humor.

Yes

Living near active train tracks sucks. It was progress when trains quit running through Canon City 20 years ago. Hate to see them come back, especially trains full of toxic coal or oil. If they carried organic, natural products like hemp/cannabis, livestock and manure, or tourists from blue states. I might like trains better.

Nope, I'd still hate trains as much as I despise people who are in love w their own opinions and are blind to sarcasm.
why dont you move

there is way more miles of dangerous stuff being hauled on those trains than you will ever know, way more dangerous than oil.

Back