Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

IDBugler...elk hunting

BuzzH

IB, the elk hunting was pretty good this weekend, but the bulls were real sluggish, too hot I think. Calling like crazy, but flat wouldnt come in. Lots of bulls still together, including some nice 6 points.

Saw 162 elk, 21 six points (mostly 280-300 class) lots and lots of 5 points, raghorns, and spikes.

I kind of liked the looks of this bull, but with missing the 5th on the one side, didnt even bother to make a run at him...plus I'd spotted 2 nicer bulls. Dont have pictures of those...too busy trying to get close. Couldnt get closer than 80 yards from the biggest bull.

Photo quality sucks, but...you get the idea.

584.JPG

Saw lots of these guys:

588.JPG

Heard a cool down by Wednesday, could improve things.

Sheeeeeat !!!!!! Somes like a Good report. Bugler is heading down next Friday.... I'm pumped for him and his report. Even more so now with your report. You need to tag out Buzz so w can visit durring the Rifle season :D

That bulls Sans the 5th isn't too bad, you can always add a Tine ;)

Nice... very very nice !!

Dude............. That is a heck of a report. I'm definitely going to be a pile of shet at work this week. That bull is cool looking. Very small 3rds but cool seconds, 4ths and mains. I can't wait to get up there and just hear them bugling.

Thanks for the pics. I hope I can add a few when I get back from my outing.

"Saw 162 elk, 21 six points (mostly 280-300 class) lots and lots of 5 points, raghorns, and spikes."

that's a lot of elk! Its hard to count that high and keep track even.

nice Buzz

take note Texans,,,no high fences[/QUOTE

Take note readers, 280 removes his lips from Buzz's azz long enough to mouth this astute commentary. Buzz chastises him for scaring the elk.

Back