Idaho Unit 27-2 bighorn sheep

T bone and moosie are going to have the best info. A couple of guys here have hunted there multiple times. I'll do a write up on my really limited first time bumbling through there hunt later. I'd start thinking about horses or llamas if I where you. It would get you into some good places.

Thanks Firedude. I have access to horses and rafting equipment. We floated the lower middle fork canyon and parked and hunted uphill for a week about three years ago. Thought we might try some top down hunting this time

Wow. That’s incredible. There are definitely some people on here with some experience in that country. I’m sure someone here will speak up. You might also consider joining the Huntin’ Fool. I’m not a paid endorser or anything but they do have a member draw database that’s pretty extensive. You’ll get some quality info from past tag holders, I’m guessing. Best of luck and let us know how it goes. What an amazing experience you two will have!

Yes thanks we sure hope so

Email Sent......Look over the data I supplied and then lets talk later in the week. Here is the Unit below. Since it's a once in a lifetime there is no secrets to it. I will say it is (by far) one of the hardest hunts that I've done. And I've hunted New Zealand, Africa, Canada, AK, and about 10 states. you can't get much more remote than that unit.

I'd say don't let the Small picture fool ya but if you've been in there like you stated, you know the greatness of the area.

27_Temp.JPG

For the record, that picture of the ram that I posted is not my ram. It is Oscar's (Moosie's). Mine was smaller. So much smaller.

T-Bone says that, but that sheep is more his than mine. That stud helped me out and made the hunt possible. I was just the one that ultimately pulled the trigger. He was the motivation, the eyes, and I can't say how much help he was on that hunt.

If you go through CHALLIS to your trip. Stop in the "VILLAGE INN" right on the freeway. In the Restaurant my Sheep is hanging there. Well, I have a Full body bear and an Elk, a deer and a few other critters there but the Sheet is there to look at on your way in.

I wish I had time to go back this year. My buddy Idaho Bugler drew a Calif. Big horn tag and I'm taking a week or more off for his to go with. Another buddy drew a goat tag. Wish I had more time to do it all full time.

Moosie.
Is that the ram you named Big O while scouting? I do not remember if you shot him or not.

Good to see a post from you.

Bambistew !!! I'm not sure that video is around any more..... I was just thinking if I continued with my following and the crazy stuff I was doing I'd have more followers than any Hunting TV personality in today's market. Life interrupts though. I'm not doing bad for a redneck. I take 10 years off my old board and I still have the top # of posts. Catch up son !!! ;)

Bobby Dean !!! No, Big "O" never died. we went after him hard but he eluded us unfortunately.

"Big O".

That guy was a tank. The first time I put eyes on him, I couldn't breath for a minute or so. He hung with two other full curl rams, but he was about 20% larger in body and horn.

To see that kind of ram, while having a tag in your pocket leads a person to do stupid things.

He's in my brain permanently.

"Big O".

That guy was a tank. The first time I put eyes on him, I couldn't breath for a minute or so. He hung with two other full curl rams, but he was about 20% larger in body and horn.

To see that kind of ram, while having a tag in your pocket leads a person to do stupid things.

He's in my brain permanently.
T Bone,

I drew a 27-2 tag this year and was reading through everyone’s posts about this area. I have been in the unit twice now and I figured it wouldn’t hurt to reach out. I have got into sheep both times, no luck finding a mature ram yet. Any information would be much appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back