Idaho Spring Bear Unit 10

rickyrebar

My son & I are headed over to Unit 10 in Idaho for the last week of spring bear. This will be my first time there. We are headed to an area near a place called "Cedars". I've been pointed to that location by a friend who has been there and he tells me there are a lot of rattle snakes... can someone confirm if that is the case and if so what precautions should I consider going in to that area. How active or how much of a threat would they be this time of year? Being from western Washington I have zero encounters with rattle snakes and have a somewhat ignorant phobia regarding them.

I've spent a fair amount of time in that country, maybe not that exact place but very close, and have never heard of rattlesnakes in the area. The selway country is kinda known to have its share of rattlesnakes but again I've never heard anyone mention them where you area headed

I have hunted Idaho, both southern and northern, for about 40 years and I have seen only 2 or 3 in my endless hours in the field. I would not worry much about it. However, should you encounter one within 5 feet of you before it rattles, you will instinctively react correctly, you couldn't fight it if you tried.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back