Spring bear planning 2025

Forney

Me and 3 buddies want to plan a spring bear hunt for 2025. It's been about 8 years since I spring bear hunted and that was my only experience. We hunted around Sheridan, MT but I don't know how dense the bear population is there. So I have been trying to find some areas where we would have a good opportunity to glass up some bears. Was thinking about heading west from Melrose and trying that area. Does anyone have any insights into a region they'd be willing to talk about?

Me and 3 buddies want to plan a spring bear hunt for 2025. It's been about 8 years since I spring bear hunted and that was my only experience. We hunted around Sheridan, MT but I don't know how dense the bear population is there. So I have been trying to find some areas where we would have a good opportunity to glass up some bears. Was thinking about heading west from Melrose and trying that area. Does anyone have any insights into a region they'd be willing to talk about?
I used to say Mineral County had too many bears. FWP opened it up to hound hunting and wow that has changed! Only saw 5 bears all year this year (including 2 in the summer) I cant wait to see the harvest report from this spring.:sick:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back