Yeti GOBOX Collection

Idaho public land whitetail...son's first!

Joe Hulburt

Well, we had another great family Thanksgiving in Northern Idaho and I couldn't be more thankful for my son Ben's success. The wife played hooky from school for a couple days so she could come along and feed us turkey dinner while we hunted. I am a very lucky man!

Ben put in a bit of time scouting up there in early October and it paid off well. The first morning we got to hunt he led me into a spot he had scouted and we found a small buck right off the bat. A little farther up the hill and we spotted an obvious candidate to take home with us! Ben first attempt at hunting whitetails and he will have a hard time topping it on public land. I bet he will someday though. :)
IMG_4563.jpg

A different angle.....
IMG_4565.jpg

I had to get myself in there too since I didn't kill anything. ;)
IMG_6840.jpg

Awesome trip! Great to share the time with family and to be there with Ben on his first whitetail hunt. I would have loved to bring another wolf home but with balmy temps the game was scattered far and wide. It was tough hunting but like I always tell myself all it takes is one and Ben got him.

Great buck and congrats on a neat hunt with the son...it looks like drizzly and overcast when the buck was taken and i admit i love hunting in these conditions for any big deer..perfect stalking weather.

Great times afield. Seems like the only orange in the pics are the deer's antlers!

What a brute. Really like the red antlers. Reminds me of some SE AK blacktails.

That is an awesome looking buck!! But...where's the Sitka gear??
;0) I mean, bright blue jacket...can you really kill nice critters like that with a get up like that??? ;0) I've got it all wrong!

Really like the anlter color...the REI colors ain't bad either.;)...grats to the son, very nice buck.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaska2Montana
Back