Caribou Gear Tarp

Idaho Fiver!

Ultrahunter

This year my partner Aaron (Buckfever) and I tried something a little different for us and took two weeks straight off of work to go hunting. We usually take at least two weeks off but never in a row. Any way the first week was spent deer hunting and it was rough! We saw lots of bucks just never one that really excited us so we closed out deer season with two unpunched tags. SUCK!

We did however find a few bulls that last week of deer hunting and kept tabs on them until elk season opened the day after deer closed. It didn't take long opening morning until we had them in the bino's and a plan was made for a stalk. There were 6 bulls in the group and we really thought we were finally going to get to do the ol' 1,2,3 BOOM! Well we got over to the draw they were in and I guess they had that spidey sense kick in and they were gone when we crested the ridge expecting them to be laying there at 150 yards. I'm really not about sure what happened but the just straight up vanished. Who knows?

Anyway in the bottom of the draw the bulls were in we spotted a few cows and about a minute later out stepped this 5 point and shortly after that my rifle barked and I was tagged out! An okay bull that will provide lots of good meals for my family. Another great hunt with a great friend! Feeling pretty lucky all the way around!

Hero Shot

It was a few miles to were we could get him to the horses, Then George took over the last 5 or 6 miles.

This was his first meat/horn packing experience and he did really well.

As we were on our way to packing out the last load of my bull Aaron spotted a few more and the packing began all over again!:):)

You can check out his bull here
http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?p=2399864#post2399864

Well done! I like that packing option better than a backpack. 'Course you can take care of him the rest of the year... ;)

Nice job on the bull. I'd love to have horses for the one week a year I elk hunt, and that's about it. It took me a lot of years to realize I didn't need to punch my deer tag if I didn't find one I really liked.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back