Caribou Gear

Idaho Draw

brymoore,

Looks like my horses may be available to help Jen haul her elk out since we drew a goose egg this year.

I assume you didn't put your Dad and wife in together so he'll be hunting bulls.

See ya monday.

Nope. My Dad drew the unit across the road. We'll have two cow tags to fill in different units. At least I can see both of them from my house.

MY hunting buddies and I cleaned house on tags this year !!
3 Bull tags 44 early season during the rut
3 bull tags 43
3 buck tags 39
3 pronghorn tags 42
and I drew 42 for pronghorn, 43 for elk, and a extra doe tag up north, the llamas will be earning there keep this year !!

Got a 66A-1 for me and one of my buddies we have hunted there for six years with sticks and strings finally I can reach past 60 yards

I guess I need to give up on ID moose so I can apply for deer/elk/antelope.

Good luck to all who drew. Look forward to your stories and pics.

What, IDBugler didn't draw? Did I read that correctly? Something must be haywire with computers in ID.

I guess I need to give up on ID moose so I can apply for deer/elk/antelope.

Good luck to all who drew. Look forward to your stories and pics.

What, IDBugler didn't draw? Did I read that correctly? Something must be haywire with computers in ID.
That's funny fin but we are talking Idaho here. I've been black listed for a long time. Maybe I need to do the opposite of you and start trying for the big 3 instead of elk, deer and antelope. I did try last year and they denied me. I guess I'll be ok with the tags that I have. :D It will be fun to be in unit 40 during the rut. I hope I can get my wife on a good one.

Wife drew a cow tag for the big desert. I got the muzz tag for 47-3 (54, 55, 57 &47) first 2 weeks of Nov for bucks.

My 14 year old drew a unit 51 late bull tag, nothing else for the rest of the family except a late unit 50 doe tag for the wife.

IDB.. Did Warren tell you his son Austin drew Unit 40 for Deer ? Kid's shouldn't get tags like that ;)

Kudos to everyone !!

IDB.. Did Warren tell you his son Austin drew Unit 40 for Deer ? Kid's shouldn't get tags like that ;)

Kudos to everyone !!
Nope... But that is way cool. Is this Austins first year hunting? That family seems to be pretty lucky in the draws.

Nothing for me in the draw. I have a friend who drew everything he put in for, some people are just lucky I guess.

The key is to put your wife in!

My wife doesn't even hunt, but I decided to experiment after not drawing for years. I put her in for Unit 66 Bull Moose tag (one year applying) and guess what she drew...she will go on my applications from now on. She's pretty excited about it. Her first hunt and it's a once in a lifetime. Teaching her how to shoot as we speak. My son drew late season unit 44 bull tag (6 years applying) and my dad drew non-resident unit 66 late season bull tag (6 years applying).

My wife doesn't even hunt, but I decided to experiment after not drawing for years. I put her in for Unit 66 Bull Moose tag (one year applying) and guess what she drew...she will go on my applications from now on. She's pretty excited about it. Her first hunt and it's a once in a lifetime. Teaching her how to shoot as we speak. My son drew late season unit 44 bull tag (6 years applying) and my dad drew non-resident unit 66 late season bull tag (6 years applying).
Congrats on the tags and I agree with you about putting the women in for tags. I have been putting my wife into the Idaho draws for 6 years. She has drawn two elk and one deer tag in that time. I put in for the same tags or much easier ones and have not drawn a tag in three times the amount of years.

P.S. Welcome to Hunttalk!

Isn't 66 split into 2 units for moose? Which side of Bear Creek did she draw? My wife also drew the tag her first try, it was north and west of Bear Creek and we hunted Fall Creek area-is this the same?

My wife took a 45" 9x10 on about the 8th or 9th day of hunting (5 weekends). There were lots of bulls, but not lots of BIG bulls and they are alot sneakier than you think. I hunted it later with a friend that drew and it wasn't nearly as good.

If your wife drew the same area I would be happy to share what info I can with you.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back