Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

ID Buck

Baerman

What an awesome opening day here in Idaho. I actually picked this buck up on my trail camera in mid July. I've had high hopes of being able to find him during hunting season. On the last day my wife and I hunted elk we finally found where this boy was calling home. With a couple weeks until rifle deer opened I could only hope he was going to still be there. (Date and time are incorrect on the trail cam)

I have the most amazing wife in the world as she understood how badly i wanted to tag this buck. She let me head out a day early so i could try and find him the night before opening day. I packed camp in so i could be in place to find this buck. As soon as i got to my glassing perch the evening before opening day i quickly found him in the exact same spot as we last saw him.

Excited to get some glass on him early opening morning, i was glassing before i could see anything even 100 yds away. As grey skies turned blue hopes faded quickly as we could not locate him within the first hour. Knowing he had to be close to where i saw him the night before we headed off.

About a mile hike later there he was feeding within 50 yds of where i last saw him the night before. Still at 350 yds away and no idea we were on him we snuck into 225 yds and got set up. Waiting patiently for a good shot was tough. My heart was racing as my cross hairs were circling the vitals. After calming down a bit he turned broadside and BOOM! He took three well placed shots before saying goodnight.

Huge thank you to my most understanding wife for taking care of our babies so I can do what I love to do and to Kyle for coming along. I would still be packing this buck off the mountain without your help.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back