Ice fishing

Been wanting to get put. Been working on house projects. We're about l
To lose are ice again here soon I think. I've never seen a year like this.

The ice conditions and the weather (47 degrees when I got back to the truck) are about like the first week of March. But the fish are biting like the first week of February. Pretty slow on the ice today but I was able to come home with a meal of bluegills! Looks like a super bowl fish fry is in order!

1675900610728.jpeg

Need some stats on that big girl, that is a beautiful pike! Wasn’t bashful about peeling the line out either from the looks of it

Need some stats on that big girl, that is a beautiful pike! Wasn’t bashful about peeling the line out either from the looks of it
41” and very fat. A knot where line was spliced in got caught ion the bottom of the ice and to use a shovel handle to reach down and knock it off and had the bullet weight on the line get caught on the bottom of the ice several times. Not to self use small clip on weights. Heck of a fight at least five minutes has three other flags go off and be dealt with while I was catching her. Amazing how big the head is filled a 10” hole

Cool story, glad it worked out. I’ve had a few stretch an 8” hole, if I lived up by you I’d be going 10 and figure something out with the weights as well.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back