Yeti GOBOX Collection

Ice fishing

Should be able to get on the ice in IN this week. Went from 35 degrees yesterday with a little skim ice on the ponds, to 9 below zero today. Won't take long to make safe ice in these temps.

Yes not as much ice in Northern WI as a usual year, for sure.

Talked to couple of guys with the DNR up in Vilas Co. attempting to launch the air boat for a training run this week, the thing wouldn’t budge due to how wet and sticky the snow was. Slush city.

Nice DeSmet catch. What brought you up to god's country? Just the fishing?

ClearCreek
Yes, have a friend that lives on the north end of the lake. He was having trouble catching them through the ice...not anymore.

Long way from having it figured out but enough to catch trout, which I've never found to be too tough. Going to try to figure out the salmon next.

Goofed around on the ice one morning while in MN this last week. Just like the WI posts above me, the slush from the previous heavy snow was pretty crazy. Caught this one while FaceTiming my little cousin, now he wants to get into ice fishing!

Attachments

• 9215E0AA-C164-4280-B5F7-040A16D94F57.jpeg
    9215E0AA-C164-4280-B5F7-040A16D94F57.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
Yes, have a friend that lives on the north end of the lake. He was having trouble catching them through the ice...not anymore.

Long way from having it figured out but enough to catch trout, which I've never found to be too tough. Going to try to figure out the salmon next.
When you get the "kokanee catching" figured out, let the rest of us know, as it has been puzzling trying to catch them through the ice.

Tight lines!

ClearCreek

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back