PEAX Equipment

Ice fishing

there is still good ice if you can get to it here in the Driftless Area. I Had to cross a creek and a slough to get where I wanted to go this morning. I brought my 4 wheeler ramps for the creek. Unfortunately after all of that work I didn’t feel comfortable crossing the slough. An air boat had broken the ice up in the middle and it had only refrozen to about an inch. 1676748944473.jpeg

there is still good ice if you can get to it here in the Driftless Area. I Had to cross a creek and a slough to get where I wanted to go this morning. I brought my 4 wheeler ramps for the creek. Unfortunately after all of that work I didn’t feel comfortable crossing the slough. An air boat had broken the ice up in the middle and it had only refrozen to about an inch. View attachment 265273
Need to come up here then you won’t have to deal with crappy ice for months lol

there is still good ice if you can get to it here in the Driftless Area. I Had to cross a creek and a slough to get where I wanted to go this morning. I brought my 4 wheeler ramps for the creek. Unfortunately after all of that work I didn’t feel comfortable crossing the slough. An air boat had broken the ice up in the middle and it had only refrozen to about an inch. View attachment 265273
Can you remember a winter like this one in the midwest?

Can you remember a winter like this one in the midwest?
I can remember years where we didn’t get much snow. But I don’t recall one with the up and down temps. It’s been 40s one week, below zero the next and back to the 30s, really strange. We are watching another snowstorm for Tuesday night through Thursday that they are calling for up to 8”. Naturally, of course, my wife has to travel to Chicago for work.

I can remember years where we didn’t get much snow. But I don’t recall one with the up and down temps. It’s been 40s one week, below zero the next and back to the 30s, really strange. We are watching another snowstorm for Tuesday night through Thursday that they are calling for up to 8”. Naturally, of course, my wife has to travel to Chicago for work.
Supposed to be freezing rain here Wednesday into Wednesday night. Hope she stays safe might be worth it to head down a day early if possible.

Supposed to be freezing rain here Wednesday into Wednesday night. Hope she stays safe might be worth it to head down a day early if possible.
She is there today-Thursday so she should be fine for traveling. Once they get there they are pretty self contained as the hotel is right next to her office.

Spending a long weekend chasing pike with the spear on Drummond Island, Mi with friends. It's been a little slow, no monsters yet but a few good eating ones. Two days left and then head south for home. I'll try to add action and/or fish on spear shots if possible.

Attachments

• 20230303_173812.jpg
    20230303_173812.jpg
    715.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230303_180357.jpg
    20230303_180357.jpg
    948.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230303_183349.jpg
    20230303_183349.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads