I think I will never call myself a "shed hunter" in public

Yodeling is legal on public lands. I'll still make fun of people yodeling.
...and if your riding a horse or RZR at highspeed while yodeling, or training your dog to yodel, or yodeling out of a plane or helicopter, and you're doing this during caving season, well we might have to put some restrictions in place.

Not to mention the fact that the price of antler has lead to a ton of robberies of taxidermists... but that's another ball of wax

Not to mention the fact that the price of antler has lead to a ton of robberies of taxidermists... but that's another ball of wax
Hell no!!! It’s the same ball of wax. I’ve had antlers stolen out of my yard, and I know it was by the same lazy turds that leave 4 wheeler tracks in every draw and ridge top lookin for “brown gold”...f$ckin douche bags

A shed buyer just told me that the guy who we all suspect of poaching the sheds in a few spots before season. Has 4 to 6000# to sale. Prices for most will be $16 for A grade and $13 for B
If his grade ratio matches mine per pound he probably has $40,000 to $60,000 in one spring. He claims he has picked that up since the 1st when the session opened 🙄.
Defund it or it will continue to ethically degrade.

Friend just got $18/lb for brown elk. Prices like that make my keeper pile less appealing to hang on to.

Around me the biggest issues with “hardcore” shed hunters are meth heads, unemployed and “disabled” people.

A shed buyer just told me that the guy who we all suspect of poaching the sheds in a few spots before season. Has 4 to 6000# to sale. Prices for most will be $16 for A grade and $13 for B
If his grade ratio matches mine per pound he probably has $40,000 to $60,000 in one spring. He claims he has picked that up since the 1st when the session opened 🙄.
Defund it or it will continue to ethically degrade.
I see what you're saying about defunding it, but I don't think that market needs any more regulation than collection seasons to protect winter range.

They tried defunding elephant ivory and rhino horns by making trade illegal. It didn't work. Then they burned stockpiles publicly which only increased demand by destroying some supply. Apparently the conservation geniuses at the CITES convention never sat through the first three minutes of Economics 101 on supply and demand.

If the demand is there then people will figure out a way to supply it, legal or not. Make it illegal and the shed poacher you mentioned will make WAY more money...the price will rise and the poachers will be the only ones out there collecting sheds.

While we’re one the subject remember when that shed hunting “influencer” went to Idaho and shot some guys German Shepards then tagged them and posted pics about killing “two wolves” 🤦‍♂️.

Friend just got $18/lb for brown elk. Prices like that make my keeper pile less appealing to hang on to.

Around me the biggest issues with “hardcore” shed hunters are meth heads, unemployed and “disabled” people.
Sounds like about the same crew that follows the trout stocking trucks from the hatchery around here...

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back