Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

I love my job!

HowaHunter

So while working in E. Idaho and W. Wyoming this week I woke up and went outside to our truck and found this guy. Spend a lot of time out in the wilds and this is the first griz I have stumbled upon. Pretty awesome experience if you ask me.

Attachments

• griz1.jpg
    griz1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 700
  • griz2.jpg
    griz2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 692
  • griz3.jpg
    griz3.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 694
  • griz4.jpg
    griz4.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 692
They are an amazing animal. The excitement level changes even more when you are standing there with only a sharp stick on a string, hoping his is as leery of you as you are of him. Twice I had that hair-raising experience while armed so lightly, and thankfully both times the bear decided to head the opposite direction. The pucker factor is very high for a few hours after that.

Cool pics.

haha. My buddies think i am nuts but i enjoy getting fairly close. I approached to about 20 yards and it seemed to not care (safety was about another 20 away but i do know that he can cover that way quicker than I can). I stay true to my hypothesis that if you remain calm and don't put any nervous vibe out there that they will do the same. watched him for about 20 minutes then decided to go to work. haha. Definitely awesome!

Great pics! Definitely closer than I want to be to one. I'd be telegraphing a nervous vibe like crazy.

Gorgeous bear! Ursus horriblis can definitely make you pucker....

Wowsers!!! Braver than I would ever be to share as close a space with mister King-of-the-Woods!!

Awesome! Have to admit a large dose of jealousy though as I like your 'co-worker' better than mine. I used to see cool stuff at work...

I'd talk to my boss about hiring a nice, slow co-worker if I were you. Then you don't have to worry if you're faster than the bear. Just the co-worker.

Thanks for sharing the cool pics!

Stick and string is scarey. But standing in a creek with a 9' fly rod and creel with 3 Trout is even scarier. I woke one up , he was sleeping in a willow patch. He stood there with sleep in his eyes and was popping his jaws at me with his ears slightly laid back. He just seemed more angry I woke him up and hadn't decided what to do with me. Yes he got the creel and I got to walk on down the creek.

Back