I lost my elk ivories off i-70 in Warrenton, MO. Can anyone help?

LuckyGoose

Long shot here.... I know, but...

I made it back to Alabama and I have come to realize that I lost my elk ivories when my 'skull boiling tote' fell out of my car as I was rotating ice in my coolers at a stop off i-70, exit 193, in Warrenton Missouri (about 30 min. west of St. Louis). I picked up everything that fell out but completely forgot about the ivories in there and I left them lay in the parking lot. I had pulled off on a side lot to a closed business so i think they'll still be there. I can give a very close pin to where I parked and if someone who may pass by there could take a look I would make it worth their time and be forever grateful. I'm just sick about it, grasping at straws here, and looking at a 14-hour round trip to go check if it comes down to that.

Thanks everyone.

That is incredibly generous and I really appreciate that offer. I am hoping it doesn't come down to that but I had thought about trolling ebay for a pair if it comes down to it. Very kind of you.

Y'all won't believe this, but I just thought to reach out to the county conservation officer this morning.. He called me back and we face-timed in the parking lot as he picked up both ivories and is mailing them back to me. I'm on cloud 9.

Mr. Martin, again, thank you for your offer, it was beyond generous.

Agreed. Amazingly good guy that is out there going above and beyond his job as a conservation officer. I need to get him something good...

I owe y'all a picture for having to read about my mess. Here's the elk they belong to. It's an awful special one for me. I'm 5 years into elk hunting and this bull was a solo DIY OTC P&Y and my first 6x6.

Attachments

• IMG_6538.JPG
    IMG_6538.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 127
Thats great that you're getting them back.

We've got some darn good CA's to go with a darn good conservation department. I bet they would give some kudos to the agent on their social media outlets if you contact them.
That is a great idea. Always a good idea to give these hard working CA's some props.

Back