Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

I have to admit

Ben Lamb

Utah is a pretty place.

We spent ta week and a half around Moab and Mexican Hat exploring Arches & Canyonlands National Parks, Monument Valley and some public land. Looking forward to heading back there and exploring the backcountry

Arches10.jpgArches11.jpgCanyonlands4RecreationPronghorn.jpgCanyonlands5RecreationLizardhunter.jpgValleyoftheGods30.jpgMonumentValley12.jpgCanyonlands2GreenRiver.jpg

It truly is some of the most beautiful real estate in our nation.

For me, Canyonlands is right up there with the Grand Canyon, Denali and Glacier. Breathtaking.

Nice pics.

Imagine the minerals under there if we could just rid our selves of that damn Federal bureaucracy we could strip all of the overburden and make some sweet $$$$

We flashed our gang signs and used spray paint in Arches.

Then the dog would fart on those who refused to bow before us.

Less than 100 miles from my house and you didn't let me buy you a Colorado beer....

We flashed our gang signs and used spray paint in Arches.

Then the dog would fart on those who refused to bow before us.

No wonder the rocks in the first picture are giving you the finger. I thought it might be because you are from Montana.

Great pictures. Always nice to see some great landscapes.

Spent more than a couple vaca's in the 4 corners and one trip was a long 5 day one thru Monument Valley.

We're definitely planning on heading back, but with the camper next time. I could spend two weeks in Valley of the Gods alone exploring those back canyons.

The dog even discovered a new species to terrorize: Lizards aren't too common around Helena.

We also did the Negro Bill Canyon hike right outside of Moab. It's a nice walk in a Wilderness Study Area that was the flash-point of the original sage brush rebellion. Lots of people on the trail which ends up at the 6th largest natural bridge in the country. Neat place.

NegroBill5.jpgNegroBill7.jpgNegroBill8.jpg

I highly recommend "Desert Solitaire" by Edward Abby. He was in charge of that place (Arches) before it "took off." My sister sent it to me when I was in Job Corps. I used to go out in the oil shale country behind the Center in Colbran, CO on the weekends and read the book. It turned me. You might also check out his book "The Monkey Wrench Gang" for a more lighthearted look.

Back