I could use some prayers sent right now.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. God does not give us something we cannot manage. We just may not know it at the time.

Prayers sent. May the lord give you grace to do what you need to do and be what you need to be for them. If you lean on him it might not be great or what you wander but he will get you through it.

Prayers from here too. We have friends whose daughter has to wear a insulin pump 24/7 but she adjusts and is a happy active kid. Luckily this stuff is treatable, I know it's much harder when it's a child but it's just a matter of keeping things in perspective. I got hit with kidney failure April 17', now it's dialysis, constant Doctor survelience, etc to keep livin on this side. It aint great, but could be worse right? Things have a way of working out, sometimes it just isn't what we may wish, but it's what we have. Aint easy but it is possible. Be strong for him.

Prayers headed your way.

There have been some dramatic advancements in diabetic maintenance over the last several years. Real time 24/7 monitoring that you can keep up with on your iphone that can be directly tied to a pump. My hunting buddy has Type 1 adult onset diabetes and for the most part he gets on with things just like anyone else except every 3 days he has to change his pump out. It is wireless and just a deal about the size of a matchbox car and he can rotate around where he puts it depending on the type of activities he has planned for the next few days.

Not fun dealing with, especially for a kid, but not the end of the world. If you keep it under control diabetes is not really a factor in quality or quantity of life anymore.

Ishoot- prayers sent. Makes the usual banter of rifle caliber and best elk unit seem pretty insignificant. Keep the faith the the Big Man has a plan for you guys as difficult it is to see right now. My world are 12 and 13 right now and I feel both your pain and concern.

God bless you and your family....we'll pray for you to find the strength needed to handle what you have to deal with...and for your family, for sure.

Wow, lifetime diagnosis/care required with both of them. I am thankful for the time in which your kids live, as there is much more knowledge and options today than ever. 80 years ago the diabetes was a 30 day death sentence, and the unusual way in which your older ones brain works was not understood/managed at all.

I am joining you and others in believing even for supernatural healing and miracles.

Hang in there! This is the worst part, the not knowing what’s next. Once everyone adjusts and things stabilize it gets better. And kids are amazing in what they can handle and accept. My son had his 1st seizure the day before his 3rd birthday and then a serious of them until the doctors figured out how to mostly control them. It just rips your guts out watching and being so helpless. Looking back he pretty much took it all in stride and handled it better than the rest of us did! LOL. He is 14 now and we are so blessed that his seizures are not anywhere near as bad as they could be and have been pretty easily managed.

A lot of love and patience and trying to keep life as normal as possible worked for us. Much easier said then done but you can do it. As stated earlier, God does not give you anything you can’t handle and everything happens for a reason, although we mostly will never know what that reason is.

Our prayers are with you and your family! Hang in there, it does get better.

Ishoot, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I have one son that is 6 months old and so far so good for health.

I want to let you know that everything will be ok. My brother that is now 32 years old almost died when he was 10 years old. We had no idea what was wrong with him. Thought it was the flu, It got so bad that my mom finally took him to the hospital to find out that he was type 1 diabetic. We were devastated. We thought this was the end of his life. Turns out like you said its very manageable. Technology has come a long way since my brother was 10. It really brought our family closer. We all changed our eating habits so he would not feel like the odd man out. There are going to be some rough patches in his life when he wont want to prick his finger anymore or pee on Ketone strips. Just be there for him the whole time and hope you guys understand that it will get better.

My brother went and still helps at a camp called Camp Hickory Hill in Columbia, MO. Its for diabetics. It was such a good camp. Its a normal camp that does a ton of fun activities throughout the day. No one feels different because everyone there is diabetic and is going through the same thing. When he gets older please look into this. One nice thing is this camp doesn't leave anyone out based on money. Tons of donations and people pay what they can. My brother is still very active in this organization and helps any chance he gets.

My thoughts go out to you and your family. Much support is being sent your way and we all wish nothing but the best for your little ones!

Ishoot, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I have one son that is 6 months old and so far so good for health.

I want to let you know that everything will be ok. My brother that is now 32 years old almost died when he was 10 years old. We had no idea what was wrong with him. Thought it was the flu, It got so bad that my mom finally took him to the hospital to find out that he was type 1 diabetic. We were devastated. We thought this was the end of his life. Turns out like you said its very manageable. Technology has come a long way since my brother was 10. It really brought our family closer. We all changed our eating habits so he would not feel like the odd man out. There are going to be some rough patches in his life when he wont want to prick his finger anymore or pee on Ketone strips. Just be there for him the whole time and hope you guys understand that it will get better.

My brother went and still helps at a camp called Camp Hickory Hill in Columbia, MO. Its for diabetics. It was such a good camp. Its a normal camp that does a ton of fun activities throughout the day. No one feels different because everyone there is diabetic and is going through the same thing. When he gets older please look into this. One nice thing is this camp doesn't leave anyone out based on money. Tons of donations and people pay what they can. My brother is still very active in this organization and helps any chance he gets.

Thank you for sharing, I'm happy to hear your brother is doing well. It helps to hear others stories.

Thank you all for your kind support. The little guy is home and doing well, and trying to adjust to our new life.

I appreciate it.

I'm sorry to hear about your family struggles. While this certainly might not be the path you would have chosen for your family, I had no doubt that you will carry on. If it's any consolation, I firmly believe that we are living in the best of times for diabetics. The array of treatments and medications that are available today are truly outstanding.

Praying for you all. Sorry to hear about this and as I settle in with my 5 and 2 yr old, we will say some extra family prayers tonight. Stay strong and keep the faith.

Thank you for sharing, I'm happy to hear your brother is doing well. It helps to hear others stories.

Thank you all for your kind support. The little guy is home and doing well, and trying to adjust to our new life.

I appreciate it.

Glad to hear. Continued prayers.

Jake,

We were just talking about you guys, wondering if the house came together. After reading this, I see you have more important things to tend to.

Keep your head up man. Prayers sent your way.

T

Thanks Tyson.

The house is still in the works. Hoping it will come together in the next few weeks. Definitely need to get the family locked into a place now with some stability.

Back