Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

I can't stand it, who's going?

Big Sky

I'm only 25 days away from my first trip out for bear this year. Not my first time to hunt bears mind you but the first for 2001. I'll be heading for Alaska to look for king sized black bear. I'll have to ask DS if he thinks I should pack a rope
wink.gif
I'm also planning on a little trip to Canada in late May. Unless finances take a huge up-turn I won't be able to make my annual hunt in western Montana this spring, but I might just slip out there this fall. I'm going crazy waiting for this bear hunting to get started. Moosie didn't help any with his baiting post. I got Bear Fever big time! So, who else is going? Where are you going and when? Tell me I'm not the only one going insane with anticipation.
ff836695.jpg.orig.jpg

Big sky, between your art work and that picture(great bear), on top of oscars post im going flippin nuts here!! gotta go home and balance my check book and see where and when and how! THANKS ALOT YOU GUYS!!!! now i gotta figure out what to tell momma! hmmmm

BTW, big sky my wife loves your work!! she enjoyed your web page very much and we will get in touch with ya soon!

------------------

fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

DKO I'll look forward to hearing from you. Not to distract from any of the outfitters that advertize on this board, but just to add another option....The outfitter I killed this big bear with just called me last week and said he had some last minute cancellations. I would of booked with him but he was booked solid until these cancellations. I had already booked with another outfitter in Manitoba. Anyway this outfitter with the cancellations in Saskatchewan provides everything except your tag for around $1300.00 ($1800.00 Canadian) we are talking bait, lodging, meals, transportation to and from the bait and skinning. It's a very reasonable hunt. Just bring your bow or rifle, buy your tag (which I think is less than $150.00) and you are hunting. Very relaxed enjoyable hunt. Granted some folks are staunch about keeping their money in the U.S. and that's fine. I try to do that to, but the bear hunting is so superior in Canada that I make an exception. Anyway if you are interested just email me and I'll get you more information. Maybe you won't need it and one of these regulars here will take pity on you and take you hunting. Either way bear hunting is the BEST!

I have a spot 30 min. from town, Where they have been haveing problems with them. The land owner called me last weekend to tell me thay were there agin. Last year a bear took a steer at the drinking hole. So needless to say they don't want them there a cinniman and a big black. I went to Alaska last year, had a good time.

Cathunt

Every chance I get. My wife made clear that she wants to shoot a bear this year. So we are gonna get her a bear.

Big Sky
I can't wait!!!! I love to hunt those spring bears. Our season opens the first of May but it doesn't get good till the end of May.

I usually hunt in Montana every spring, but I had my hip replaced 4 weeks ago and can't walk on it for another 2 weeks. If I can get around good enough I'll be back up there the middle of April.

wyote

------------------
For every law thats passed a little freedom dies

BigSky.....Sounds like you will have a GREAT time in Alaska. Those black bears are huge there. I just realized that you live in Sidney,MT I was just there a few days ago. Actually in Fairview shed antler hunting and got a bunch on the North Dakota side. We went out one night for fun in Sidney to the Cattle-Ac bar. I'll be back there Sept 8 for my annual whitetail bow hunt.
Chris

------------------
shooter2.gif
deer2.gif

Big Sky
thanks! man im really envious now!! alaska for blackies sound great and i will do it myself one day! i wish ya the very best of luck and hope ya get the bear your looking for! i wish i could take advantage of the cancellation hunt but, im currently waiting to make any commitments right now! it sounds like a great hunt and please e-mail me more info. on the outfitter im always looking for a reputable outfitter.I hunted bears in combo with a mule deer hunt last year in B.C. and passed a small cinnamon with black socks and a black muzzle, a really neat lookin bear! my buddy shot a chocolate with a blond streak running down the center of its back.
anyway GOOD LUCK!!

------------------

fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

[This message has been edited by DKO (edited 03-23-2001).]

MTRanch don't be such a stranger next time. I was out shed hunting over by Culbertson last Saturday myself. Only found 5 nothing huge, but one that was okay. Sure saw a lot of turkeys though. I'm looking forward to being able to shoot two of those buggers this spring. Where abouts are you bowhunting around here approximately (not your exact location.) The reason I ask is that we had a heck of an EHD outbreak last summer/fall it killed the majority of the whitetail bucks between Sidney and Miles City. I don't think it was as bad towards Fairview and very little die off on the Missouri. Some areas along the Yellowstone really got wiped out though especially around Crane and Savage. You probably already knew all this but in case it got passed you I thought you should know so you can adjust for this fall.
DKO I'll email you later today. Wyote best of luck to you and hope that you have a speedy recovery. Cathunt-mt hope you post some photo's of one of those bears after you get him!

BigSky......We are over just north of Fairview over on the ND border in Cartwright. My buddy is a guide in ND and has most of those ranches under leases. Yeah we herd about the deer dieing just to the south there. We never found any evidence of it where we were at in fact there are some big boys still running around after losing their headgear. Jackie Bushman lost all but 4 bucks on his ranch over there by Sidney. I will definitely look ya up next time I'm out that way. I got the any deer tag for ND and if the right muley gets close enough he is going down. We got quite a haul on shed antlers tho in 3.5 days of looking I'm not really bragging just informing.
Chris

------------------
shooter2.gif
deer2.gif

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back