PEAX Equipment

Hunting season preparations, what did you do today?

Today is a planning day.

Now that I am home from Montana it is time to turn to the 3000 acres of archery only, walk in only, area on the WMA 5 miles from home. The rest of the 35000 acres will be open to deer and hog retrieval with ATV’s and has about 4 weeks worth of firearm season coming up starting after Thanksgiving. Should make for some good bowhunting.

I have some scouting to do.

After that it will be 4 days of firearm hunting by lottery permit in the NWR.

I have got to make sure the outboard is tuned up and the boat ready to go for that hunt.

Been spending a few days hanging out with my father at his property, hung a ladder stand which is a first for us. Platform and seat is large, pretty nice to spread out and lay gear on the seat beside me. Filled my ks archery doe tag this morning, 40yard shot through the front shoulder and passed behind the opposite shoulder. Got both lungs and she expired after a 30 yard run.

Been getting ready for my 2nd Season Coastal Elk Hunt which opens next Saturday.

Yesterday I spent time at the range to make sure I’m dialed in.

Today I put together a sleeping area in the backseat of my truck. I’ll be truck camping so this is going to help a lot.

818B9257-4AB8-4ACF-97C8-9E1D0907AE0B.jpeg

I went for a bike ride with my brother. We dodged turkeys and whitetail bucks, although I didn’t dodge a small sapling and left a short blood trail.
9E3291A8-496E-460E-A2B4-6DE06E323B07.jpeg

I’m eating a recovery breakfast and then I’m taking a big cup of coffee to the hot tub
BF0A0479-F2F8-4407-91D5-4F0BA0CB212B.jpeg

Did a half marathon with friends on Sunday. Today I'm getting in a 5mile run before dinner.

Got signed up for Crossfit to begin soon.

A couple friends and I are doing a 1/2 marathon Moab trail race in Jan while others are doing 50k or 50miles. Probably get signed up for Spartan Beast this weekend if I can get a team together.

Last edited:
Trails are in great shape @DouglasR.

Fun but cold ride this morning. Fitness for next year starts today.

View attachment 165065
Right on man 👍
Unfortunately that $100 tune up I had done on my bike this summer didn’t work out and I currently don’t have a rear break so I’ve been confined to road riding.
Got a 20 miler in this morning.
I’ve also been keeping the house at 60 degrees and wearing my ski boots like house slippers since September.
#inevertakethedayoff
B6A68DA8-C44D-4613-A866-A88FC1E5D4DF.jpeg

wearing my ski boots like house slippers
Keep hammering bruh :ROFLMAO:

Get your bike fixed up and make a trip west next year. Once we get our COVID vaccinations, we're loading the Tundra and heading for the metropolis known as Watford City.

#MaahDahHeyorbust

I'm riding my bike, but it's not about bowhunting - it's birds that need my legs.

But for now, my biking is in the basement on the windtrainer. I have money in my pocket for a new road bike soon too.

@DouglasR, I spent the morning training my dog and the afternoon thatching my yard. One was significantly more fun than the other.

I’ve mostly been lifting weights and hiking with 40 pounds in my pack. Going to see how Finn does behind the mountain bike this week.

I’ve mostly been lifting weights
Getting big, huh?
Nice.

I got a couple little snake bites on my calf from my studded pedals when I went over the handlebars off this obstacle.
Got a little wet.
Fun.
let me enjoy this pain.

78DFC309-E15F-46DB-89E0-15FB436FC0EB.jpeg5417C579-7154-4F29-83DA-832AA323A1ED.jpeg

Watered my trees.
Hiked down and checked my tanks. Tons of sign. Rio ran around after prairie dogs.

Drove thru Apache Creek to the Gila. Ordered some posts & beams after ordering Machaca burrito,red and a chicken quesadilla to go.
Rio got to run around some more while I enjoyed a shirtsleeve day and greenery popping out on the Cottonwoods. Lotta elk sign.

Drove home. Ate said food,talked to my bro then went for sunset walk with Rio chasing bunnies & chipmunks.
Boy I'm beat!

Been training for a half marathon me and some friends are running together in 4 weeks. Got slammed with a brutal cold this week and finally got out for a mellow 4 miler this afternoon.

Hoping to take my new found fitness to the hills in june as the snow melts off

First thing today? Pray for a tag. Next, I strapped on my pack and boots and humped a smallish mountain here in LV. Nasty desert terrain of 3.75 miles round trip with about 800' of vertical. Still recovering from plantar fasciitis, but it's a start.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back