Hunting season preparations, what did you do today?

On Sunday, I replaced the steering rack bushings on my pickup. Not exactly a fun job, but it saved me about $600 in gas money. Steering is a lot tighter now.

I ordered new tires yesterday in preparation for a Wyoming road show in a few weeks.
What kind of tires did you go with?

What kind of tires did you go with?
Well, after waffling for weeks like a teenage girl picking a prom dress, I finally opted on the Goodyear Duratracs. 275/70R18 load range E. Severe snow rated. I've used these on work vehicles with good luck in the past. My only hang up with them is they get loud as all get out if you don't keep up on rotation, alignment, front end work, etc. Other than that, they're a great tire.

Packed up the U-Turn stove and Redcliff and received a half nest for it in the mail. Precut some oak for the stove. Sharpened my axe. Nothing exciting, yet.

Horses are shod. Today I cut the last pieces of trails that I can cut from the road. On thursday the boys and girls in green close the roads. After this the rest of the trail work will have to be done from horseback and long days. Snow coming on sat. I think the hunt is in the air. Next week it's time to outfit saddle bags, pull out clothes, and start to determine which hunts I hunt in which order. Eat well now cause soon its 30plus days in the saddle in the annual search. Not a week of new experiences but dark to dark beat yourself to death adventure.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back