Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hunting "personalities"

junior88

just finished watching an episode of pro hunter journal on cable. is it me or is stan potts the biggest geek on hunting tv? there are some guys that are such morons i can't even watch their shows, but with stan i just can't stop laughing. and he's not trying to be funny. speaking of funny, the funniest episode i've ever seen was one of jim shockey's shows in which he was hunting with his father and another old timer. the old guys had me in tears. if any of you have seen that episode you know what i'm talking about.

The Shockey episodes with his dad and father-in-law are hilarious!

Stan Potts is also one of the most irritating individuals in the outdoor television industry! I will only watch anything with him, when there is absolutely nothing else to see on the tube!!!!!!!!!

I've had Dish network on hold since May 1st, and I haven't brought the Television back into the house yet since then.

I gotta say I am not missing the majority of outdoor programming!

I watch Shockey because you never know when his lovely wife might make an appearance. Met them both at SCI Dallas last year, very gracious and striking couple indeed.

Stan Potts is a D.S. Never seen someone hyperventilate so much over a corn fed deer on a food plot in my life.

Stan "Give me a second" Potts is a dildo and the Shockey show is the best besides OYOA on TV IMHO! Shockey also has a good looking daughter that is really into the hunting now and has taken some nice animals on camera.

Yea, I haven't quite figured out why anyone would put Stan Potts on TV. I'd rather sit and watch someone scratch their fingernails across a chalkboard. Even my 9 year old son said the other day, "Dad, we need to turn the channel, this guy is a dork!"

Stan Potts ranks right up there. I think Winkleman is the biggest D bag. I watch only one show of his. He was launching arrows from his long bow(or recurve) at running Caribou at 50 yards and trying to pass it off as that was his only choice. I about threw something through the T.V. at the idiot. Luckily they didn't show an animals get wounded. But there was no way I would watch another show.

Team RMEF member Kristy Titus...might be worth a glance.

20111031_kristyhomepic.jpg

Steven Rinella on Meat Eater is pretty good to watch. I also like watching Dropped: Project Alaska.

Stan Potts is my most disliked hunting personality on TV. OYOA and anything DIY is the best on TV some good new shows coming out we shall see who comes. Shockey is good as well. I get tired of all the whitetail hunting since I am a west coast guy. I wish there was a lot more elk and mule etc hunting on TV.

I'll get behind any wagon that's raggin on Stan's quirkiness. But he does get on tv and I don't.

Keith Warren tops um all. By far the best of the bad.

Dang it took 7 posts to get Keith "high fence" Warren mentioned LOL!!!

95% of hunting shows are hosted by goons. I only look forward to OYOA anymore. I DVR Eastmans (also a goon) just because its a western themed show, buts its hard sometimes to stomach watching "Mr DIY, the Eastmans way" hunting big expensive ranches.

Flippin through channel last night I hit the Sportsmen Channel just in time to watch a gal shoot at a hog.
Now she is shooting mechanical broadheads, she draws back and fires. The arrow actually bounces off high in the shoulder of the hog. DVR's are great with slow mo, you can see it all. Of course they back out and find the hog the next day. Proceeds to glance another arrow off the hips of a javelin and kills it,,and to finish things up, she empties an AR into a small hog. Empties it! Then the husand tells her "nice shot"!

Why does the Sportsmen Channel show this crap?

Has anyone watched "Reaper Outdoors" or something like that. What a nerd. Borderline d-bag. Basically he walks around like he's on a recon patrol all litter up ready for a firefight. Every "hunt" (me thinks high fence) is a combat mission with an objective. So stupid.

I think the worst guy on tv though by far is this guy named Randy Newberg. Apparantly they'll give anyone their own show nowadays. :)

Randy and Steven Rinella are head and shoulders above the rest for sure. I listened to an interview with Rinella the other day and they asked him why his show was so much different then other hunting shows and he said because neither he nor his production crew had ever watched other hunting shows. I guess that's a good thing.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back