Hunting magazines

I like Eastmans, Huntin Fool, and Outdoor Life.

There is a moderator around here that writes a great article for Bugle as well. What's his name again ;)

I thought magazines had gone the way of the buffalo.

Save a tree, read hunttalk.

Just got my first Bugle (finally joined...I know, I am late) and was really impressed with the quality of the magazine....just sorry there are only 6 a year :/

The only magazine I subscribe to is Extreme Elk. I also get magazines from RMEF BHA B&C P&Y and TU to fill in the rest of my reading time. I decided a long time ago I would rather help a conservation org and read what they send than dump money into someones pocket. I get Extreme Elk because Corey Jacobson is a standup guy and after I won the first year I decided to keep reading it. The fact he helps RMEF and agreed to come to our banquet this year shows I made a good choice.

I get Bugle, Extreme Elk, Elk Hunter, Western Hunter, both Eastmans, Bowhunter, Bowhunting World, and also Backpacker, and Outdoor Photographer. Seems like alot when you list them like that. If I could get out west more maybe I could cut down on the subscriptions.

I was a RMEF member before then switched to whitetails unlimited. I think im gonna add RMEF to the list again just because of the conservation work they do. Also their magazine is awsome.

The last time i read the Huntin Fool the Montana hunting section was quite a bit off. So that makes me sceptical on whether other states hunting units are right. I think for the money Eastmans is hard to beat!

Bugle, both Eastman's, Extreme Elk, Elk Hunter & Western Hunter, Huntin Fool every few years - got rid of the TV; nothing but trash and bad news...other than OYOA (of course).

I have a study stream of reading material for the crapper

Western Hunter
Elk Hunter
Eastmans HJ
Bugle
Ducks Unlimited
Delta Waterfowl
Pheasants Forever
Colorado Outdoors

I've been reading both Eastmans mag for a few years now. I don't think I'll renew this year. Other than the names changing all the stories read the same. They must only have a couple of editors helping write the stories.

I'm a little surprised at the Eastmans' post on Facebook calling the IDF&G plan for trying to control wolf populations in the Middlefork "Insane" I haven't been an Eastmans supporter for a while but the latest stuff they have put out is crap. They complain about the way wolves are managed and use their TV show to showcase how to hunt private property. Where is the Guy Eastman wolf hunt episode, how about an MRS with wolf info. They have been on a downhill slide since Hatfield left.

Last edited:
The Bugle's my favorite, and I prefer it over Eastman's Bowhunting Journal. Check out Hart Wixom's Elk and Elk Hunting for comprehensive treatment of elk and hunting them (it's not a magazine, but it will help you burn the days until next season).

Man, can't wait until next season. It's too early to be this excited.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back