Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hunting Knife..

Moosie

Grand poopa
What do you think about this knife ?!?!

i610369sq01.jpg

Boker Ceramic Blade Knife
Boker's ceramic blades are constructed of zircon-oxide, which is hard as diamonds (so hard it registers beyond the Rockwell scale), resists wear, stays sharp longer than steel and won't rust, stain or discolor. During independent testing of this ceramic for edge-holding ability, the test had to be extended more than three-fold, cutting through 1,300 blocks of testing carton rather than the 400 normally used to test steel blades.
This superbly designed 3-1/8" ceramic locking blade features lightweight titanium sculpted handles that offer a sure grip without adding unnecessary weight. The choice of many outdoorsmen, the drop-point blade is versatile enough to handle a wide range of uses from slicing lunch to skinning big game.
Overall length: 7-1/2".
Overall weight: 3 oz.

moosie save your money they are not a good knife for the field, They are brittle and are not as sharp as you can get a good blade. I have owned one and will never own another.

MY dad actually just had me order him one. I'll take it for a spin and do a test myself. Although I'll have another knife with me. With the Feedback I'm getting sounds like thats not the eway to go
eek.gif
eek.gif

Moosie .....

On an extended hunt like you are taking you will probably need to do the ears, lips, nose, eyes. You will need a very sharp tool for this job. Talk to your taxidermist.

Use a scaple.

THNX, YAH, I've truned lips and Eyes before. Not as good with them DAM ears though. Something about the Stinking Cartaliage that sux !!!! I'll ahve disposable blades for that job. I'm not the best at it, But it's not my first Rodeo !!!

THANX for the Heads up though !!!!

GET INTO MOOSIE NOSTRILS chit your'e keen
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-17-2003 06:12: Message edited by: kiwi hunta ]</font>

I have a tip for everyone that hates doing ears, or can't. Everyone likes tips don't they?

Alrighty then, when turning ears, tak a blunt object, say a stick, and stick it through the exterior of the ear applying pressure to the inside. Carefully cut the skin free from the cartlidge in a clockwise/counter-clockwise motion.

That should help you out Moosie.

smile.gif
vis

Also if you think ears are bad wait till you get into Moosie Nostrals, I have done between 200 and 300 (probably more) Bear and consider myself prety fast and it takes me 1 1/2 hour per Mossie Nostral!!!!

I actyually did the Mount on my Idaho Moose. I did the Nosterals on it. I've gdone Elk and Deer before too, But a moose has some FUNKY FUNKY air passages through it. I guess it's so they don't drown eating in the water all the time
eek.gif
eek.gif

I always liked Buck knives, until I bought my first Gerber,now that's all I keep around for anything. I just bought a Gerber covert,which is really nice,sharp as can be,and easily concealable.It's shape makes it fit any pocket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back