Havalon Knives ?? interested?

schmalts

I saw these at the shot show and saw that Bigfin, Oak, and Greenhorn uses them. I saw Greenhorn take care of his portion of an elk with only a couple blades and it seems like a good Idea, and light weight for backpacking since you can also toss your sharpener.
The guy I talked with was looking for possible dealers and didn't have any to sell there at the show. I talked to him today on the phone to get one and he mentioned the dealer thing again and I said I would think about, it since I do go to a lot of gun shows and help out at a buddies table and could sell them there. I asked some guys at work if they were interested in somewhat of a "group buy" and basically got my $300 minimum order covered already. I thought that this could be a good money lesson to teach my kid and I would pitch it past him and he liked the idea of being a shipping guru if anyone wanted in.
Here's the deal, I told the kid he has to work to pay toward his Antelope tag in NM this year if he wants to go (gotta teach the kid sometime it isn't free) and I told him i would pay him $5 for every one he sends out if anyone buys them. Trust me, this is more bother than any little profit so it is for the kid to learn more than make money.
If anyone is interested in a Havalon Piranta knife, in Blaze orange or Black, PM me.
$28 each, $5 for the Holster if wanted, and 50 cents per extra blade. Please specify long or short blade
Shipping will be minimal, basically cost of shipping plus a padded envelope. Once this order is done,it is done. I will be making an order early next week so let me know soon if interested in this one time deal
yhst-35864383674868_2087_804482
yhst-35864383674868_2087_883615

The Havalon Piranta "Quik-Change" Pro Trophy Skinning Knives
Lighten your field pack with one of our Havalon knives with the "quik-change" blades. The Piranta series reduces the need to carry extra skinning knives or whetstones. When the blade gets dull, just pop it off and replace it with a new one. No more sharpening! These skinning knives save you valuable time and effort. Our Piranta is not the only knife you'll need after a successful hunt, but we guarantee it will be your favorite knife for the tough work of skinning big game.The Piranta-Edge features surgically-sharp replaceable blades and an easy-to-find blaze orange handle. It's always sharp - just replace the blades and go! Each knife includes 12 additional stainless steel #60XT blades. The overall length of the knife open is 7-1/4". You'll like the easy-grip black rubber inlay, liner-lock construction and pocket clip.

Last edited:
Note to everyone

Buy the orange one. Spend less time looking around for it on the ground.

I would be interested in a couple packs of blades if it is worth the kids time.

I buy the orange ones.... So it's $35 online with a free holster. so even at that you're cheaper. Even if you were same or $5 more I'll buy my next one through ya. Good luck !!

I bought one of these as a gift for my brother this christmas, and really liked it.
I'm going to buy one for myself soon and would go through you if you do it.

Funny thing is most of the guys I worked with don't want a holster. That surprised me. Yea, there isnt much profit in these things and 35 bucks w/ holster leaves me giving the kid pretty much any if all profit but thats the point I guess. As long as I have a job I could care less about trying to get into retail sales as a full time money maker. It's just one of those "well, if I get some for me and my bro's, might as well get more" kind of things. You couldnt pay me 5 bucks to write, lick and stick envelopes;) I'd rather sit and surf the web.

Got a price for a box of 100 blades, or is it still $0.50 apiece?

No, if you want a box of 100, it would be a lot less, how much I guess depends on if your getting a knife of just a blade, the kid still has to do the same work but I can get you a "nice guy Oak" deal.
Just so you know, a knife comes with a dozen blades

Last edited:
I bought a box of 100 blades this fall and hate the style. Want to get a box of the type I like.

If anyone wants a sweet deal on a box of about 96 blunt blades, let me know. :D

Note to everyone

Buy the orange one. Spend less time looking around for it on the ground.

I would be interested in a couple packs of blades if it is worth the kids time.

what do you call a pack? let me know what you want for blades and I can see what I can do, shipping still can be done in a padded envelope with some cardboard to reinforce but for blades only I would like to see the Kid's minimum order of 20 blades. I can make a deal on a 100 Pack if interested, PM me.

In the past when I bought them there were 12 in a pack.

So make it 4 packs and I can give some to friends.

Oak, buy the 60x, I think you must have bought the 20x or something liek that. I bought 5 different blades they sell and I like the 60x (Ithink thats right ?!?!) I hated the round ones as well..........

Schmalts, I have 3... (well 2, I lost one so I bought 2 more Orange ones) of them but LOVE them. IF anyone else is looking for a good knife I love these things. I've given them as presents as well.

Yea the 60X is the longer knife style blade and the 20X and 22X are more scalpal like. The 20 or 22 look like they would be used moslty for caping out around the main head area but the 60X could do it all.
This will be a one time gig more than likely so let me know B4 Sunday night as I will order Monday.

Oak, buy the 60x, I think you must have bought the 20x or something liek that. I bought 5 different blades they sell and I like the 60x (Ithink thats right ?!?!) I hated the round ones as well..........

The 60XT's are the good ones. I bought 22XT's.

These are great knives. You don't want/need the holster as its extra bulk and the knife has a side clip to clip to your pocket/pack.

I paid more than $28 for the orange one too if I recall....

I used it all last season and only went through like 4 blades. Great for caping .

I'll canvas some buddies at work for you Schmalts.....Let you know by Friday. Good knife and a good cause.

Had an orange on for a few years now. There is a bit of a learning curve, no prying, and they are scary sharp.

I got several hundred of the longer blades and a hundred of the exacto looking blades. the short ones are handy for some jobs.

If you want something just please PM me, dont want to keep bumping this post anymore.
Blades are cheaper in bulk. Blades are 50 cents each, or 40 cents each for a dozen or more bulk. $27 for 100 or more bulk pack. I figure a dozen blades would last most guys a couple years, But Buzz would need a couple hundred for a couple years.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back