Havalon Knives ?? interested?

anyone try the tracer 22? It looks to have a bit bigger blade then the 60...which seems like for gutting and quartering would work better?????????

anyone try the tracer 22? It looks to have a bit bigger blade then the 60...which seems like for gutting and quartering would work better?????????

The #22 blade is slightly deeper than the 60XT, but it's shorter.

I'll say one thing for the manufacturer. They back the product. My orange knife manage to loose 3 of the screws that hold it together and tey had me mail it in for a replacement, plus a dozen extra blades forp my trouble/expense.

Anyone else have problems with their knife losing the screws?

60XT's are included. those are the only blades recommended for the piranta actually. The others may work but do not fit properly in the piranta model and are not recommended according to Havalon. The 22 and 20 blades are slightly different in the mounting slot and are made for scalpals and the other models Havalon makes. Havalon said they are trying to commonize things in future products but for now it is what it is. The way i see it the 60XT blade can do it all. The 20-22 would be nice for detail work when turning lips, eyes and ears but that stuff is usally done out of the field by your Taxidermist anyway.
I ordered the stuff today, I will get back to the guys who got in on this when i get the stuff. Between what I ordered I only have 2 knives as un-spoken for. PM if you want one, wont do this again on Hunt talk as I don't think the classifieds are meant to be a retail sales sight . Randy gave me a pass this time, I think he has a soft spot for a kid trying to pay for a lope tag. I don't know why, he isnt into lope hunting;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back