Caribou Gear Tarp

huntGPSmaps???

thegamegtr

I want to purchase the download version of huntGPSmaps . I am worried about the difficulty in transferring maps to my GPS. Sooooo, if you have this program is it difficult to download an area to your GPS? Do you download the entire state to your GPS? If you just download specific areas to your unit, how do you determine the boundaries of what you want downloaded? Any info would be appreciated. I have talked with the guys at GPSmaps---I would like to here from a few people who have used it. THanks

No experience with the download, but I am sure you can get the entire state on the GPS. I just order the SD cards and that has the entire state. Great product.

Talk with Matt at GPSmaps. He can answer all your questions.

I bought the download and have transferred it to gps with no trouble. You pick the area, or whole state. Easy as pie. And yes, Matt is your guy!

Last edited:
I have used both and have all the western states. Slicker than deer guts on a door knob!

hope you have better luck than me, just did a update of washington and bought wyoming, and trying to add them to a second gps not as slick as some might say for down loading. will be calling them fo help.

I just downloaded Wyoming from the computer. Follow the tutorial that they have and it is easy.

They suggest that you download to a microSD card so not to use up the GPS memory. It was my first time with this transfer and it went easy.

Note: my computer in the early stages stated: "can not transfer"..... I just "X'ed" the message out and it transfered just fine.

Yes you can define a part of the map if you want to only take a part of the map. It is DRAG & SAVE". I saved the entire state..... just seemed easier in the long run.

I will label this map as Wyoming and put it into the GPS as needed. I am not sure if you can save more then one map on the mircoSD card.

good luck to all
the dog

May I get some clarification on the chip vs download and multi gps use?

I initially purchased the chip thinking that would be the best route though after reading info here - I get the impression the chip does not allow me to access the maps on my computer, plot my waypoints or locations and download it to my gps - whereas the download does enable such? Or did I misunderstand?

I have the Garmin 530 HCX.

Also, am I able to load to a second gps? Or do I need to pay $99 for each gps I have? I heard there is an unlock deal for multiple gps's - Anyone with experience with this?

Thanks.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back