Heart rate monitor watch

Ok help me out. I got a chest strap Garmin heart rate monitor for Xmas, I want some kind of app to track my workouts with, what should I use? I've downloaded 3 now a new one each day and still been frustrated with the results or incompatibility
Are you connecting the HRM to a watch or directly to your phone? My HRM is connected to my Instinct and I use the Garmin Connect App, It's not perfect but it works pretty well. I use it more to track miles, duration and elevation and not so much heart rate. I use my watch to monitor my heart rate zones while I'm hiking.

Are you connecting the HRM to a watch or directly to your phone? My HRM is connected to my Instinct and I use the Garmin Connect App, It's not perfect but it works pretty well. I use it more to track miles, duration and elevation and not so much heart rate. I use my watch to monitor my heart rate zones while I'm hiking.
I wanted to go straight to my phone and skip the watch.

It's been a while but I am pretty sure I was able to link up my heart rate monitor direct to the Runkeeper App. It would even give me audio cues including heart rate while I was running. I did some training based on heart rate so I would have it give me an audio cue every few minutes and I would slow down if my heart rate got too high.

I wanted to go straight to my phone and skip the watch.
Turns out, my OG Fenix 2 works pretty good to interface with the heart rate monitor, and my phone. The only issue is that because it's 9 years old, it really doesn't like to connect, and so far has required multiple restarts per day to get everything to record and upload/sync.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back