Heart rate monitor watch

Irrelevant

Looking for a watch to help me train a bit better. I don't need gps, but I do want an accurate heart rate monitor that has an interface where I can download and track stats. I was thinking maybe a watch that bluetooths to a chest strap as I've heard the optical wrist only ones aren't very accurate. Anyone have any suggestions?

I know you don't need GPS, but my rec has it anyways... I've had a Garmin Instinct Solar for 3 years now and have yet to break it - longest tenured watch I've ever had. With the bluetooth connection to my phone it tracks all the pertinent info, sends it to my phone with any easy to use app.

If you do a Garmin, spend the little extra for a solar version. My watch will go 30+ days between charges, where my wife's will make it all of 2 days before it has to charge again. Not life or death thing, but the convenience is worth it.

I'll second a Garmin product. I've been wearing my Fenix 3 sapphire for 5 years and have had zero issues. I've heard that some of the older Garmins (up to around mine) are less reliable for heart rate tracking, but the internet tells me they've gotten better. FWIW I had a cheaper Fitbit before this and wore them both for a week and they tracked consistently.

If and when this thing finally dies I'll replace it with another Garmin.

I know you don't need GPS, but my rec has it anyways... I've had a Garmin Instinct Solar for 3 years now and have yet to break it - longest tenured watch I've ever had. With the bluetooth connection to my phone it tracks all the pertinent info, sends it to my phone with any easy to use app.

If you do a Garmin, spend the little extra for a solar version. My watch will go 30+ days between charges, where my wife's will make it all of 2 days before it has to charge again. Not life or death thing, but the convenience is worth it.
I just already have an older Garmin Fenix that tracks my location/speed/vert well, I'm just missing the heart rate. And definitely 2 day battery... which sucks.

I use a Fitbit Charge 5. It’s my second one and I’ve been pretty happy with both. I like that it also tracks my sleeping, although I could do without the constant scoldings that I don’t sleep enough. 🤷‍♂️

1688588981902.jpeg

I just already have an older Garmin Fenix that tracks my location/speed/vert well, I'm just missing the heart rate. And definitely 2 day battery... which sucks.
Is your Fenix in good enough shape that you can try and sell it and put the proceeds towards the upgrade? Looks like the price on an Instinct Solar has come down quite a bit since I purchased mine.

Is your Fenix in good enough shape that you can try and sell it and put the proceeds towards the upgrade? Looks like the price on an Instinct Solar has come down quite a bit since I purchased mine.
Sure... all $30 bucks worth. It's the OG. about the size of a crushed beer can and is made out of lead.

I use a Fitbit Charge 5. It’s my second one and I’ve been pretty happy with both. I like that it also tracks my sleeping, although I could do without the constant scoldings that I don’t sleep enough. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 282743
I use a Charge 5 as well. With no app notifications going to it so it is just a watch, & fitness tracker.

I like my garmin watch. I checked it compared to the doctor's equipment the last time I was in for a checkup and it was off by about 10%. Don't remember the specifics, other than I made a mental note to not put a ton of stock in it being exact.

Not a watch, but I've really liked the features and stats from MyZone. I got it originally because it interfaces with tech at my gym, but I use it outside of the gym anytime I am doing some version of exercise. Has a chest strap, wrist strap, and arm band option.

Just FYI, turn off the heart rate monitor app when you're hunting. I was stalking a tom in open sage this spring and was about close enough for a shot when my heart monitor alarm went off and made all kinds of noise, that bird exploded out of there. I about chucked my Garmin watch in the creek. :mad:

Ok help me out. I got a chest strap Garmin heart rate monitor for Xmas, I want some kind of app to track my workouts with, what should I use? I've downloaded 3 now a new one each day and still been frustrated with the results or incompatibility

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back