PEAX Equipment

Hunt Talker Hunt 2014

Bear Hunters - i just wanted to write and say thanks on behalf of Land and myself for letting us join you in bear camp. We had a great time and really enjoyed hearing all of your stories. Special thanks to JR for inviting us - and nice work on pulling four bears out of those steep mountains.

Last edited:
Bear Hunters - i just wanted to write and say thanks on behalf of Land and myself for letting us join you in bear camp. We had a great time and really enjoyed hearing all of your stories. Special thanks to JR for inviting us - and nice work on pulling four bears out of those steep mountains.

It was great to meet you guys, and thanks for bringing some BHA swag.

Last edited:
Ugh...Got home at 5am and got to work at 9...this is not going to be a productive day.

Anyone looking to hunt bear, Randy has this thing called "BEARDAR", it is basically like RADAR for bears, and it works really well. You should definately check it out. Seriously, Randy knows how to find some bears, I learned a ton out hunting with him and Travis and Gerald as well. Also, I think someone might have conducted some wierd mountain goat DNA experiements on Travis, that guy can walk up a hill. Also, Travis I apprecate you acting like you were, as tired as we were, when we were packing out Ethan's bear saturday night, it made this flatlander feel better about himself.

I have some more pics on my camera I will try and get up this evening. I could barely function this morning, so my camera is still in my pack.

Last edited:
Man this is one for the books right here, awesome bears awesome stories with some awesome guys. This is what Hunttalk is all about in my opinion. And those are some nice looking sheds also would love to see a pic right side up of those!:hump:

Well, I'm stuck in Missoula until tomorrow.

I think I have lunch plans already, but I'm free for dinner or whatever today/tonight if anyone has time.

DIA is closed? Lady I work with is supposed to leave from here this afternoon for a flight to Denver then on to Abu Dhabi. Hmmm....

DIA is closed? Lady I work with is supposed to leave from here this afternoon for a flight to Denver then on to Abu Dhabi. Hmmm....

Apparently this morning they had severe weather, and instead of delaying the PM flights they cancelled a bunch of AM flights.

Of course, all the PM flights were already overbooked.

It's still snowing in Denver right now, probably four or five inches of accumulation on top of a lot that melted off. Things were a bit icy this morning. Great thread guys, congratulations on some awesome bears.

scapegoat, it was good meeting you guys. Too bad you had to leave so early. I showed up with the bear roast about an hour after you left.

Anyone looking to hunt bear, Randy has this thing called "BEARDAR", it is basically like RADAR for bears, and it works really well.

Randy "Beardar" Hodges in action. Stay tuned for a new Hunttalk sponsor. "Bear the Decoy"

Attachments

• Montana Spring 2014 273.jpg
    Montana Spring 2014 273.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 498
Randy "Beardar" Hodges in action. Stay tuned for a new Hunttalk sponsor. "Bear the Decoy"

So awesome.

Tough adjustment today, in 24 hours I went from boots, camo and a bear hide in my pack to dress shoes, a button up shirt, and dual monitors. Not to mention, someone threw poop into a fan on Thursday when I left and I'm still cleaning it up. I don't have all my pics yet, nor time to write my summary, hopefully tonight, but for now I'll grab a few photos that ended up on Facebook.

Story(BS)time
10259732_10202528529629220_1543886971520818023_n.jpg

11:30pm and we fire up some bacon wrapped, cream cheese stuffed jalapenos (the weekend menu included bison burgers, beer, bear roast, beer, deer elk and antelope chili, beer, bear biscuits and gravy, Jameson, bacon wrapped halibut, and coffee.
10314721_10202528618471441_2025395202782820246_n.jpg

Elkoholic, Randy11, Theat and Thorn (the lab) packing out my bear.
10298769_10202538018146427_3326858643089364107_n.jpg

Haha! Perfect! :D if I recall there are a few Randy Sexy Sow poses as well.

That was a cool video Randy. Unfortunately, I did not get Dave's kill shot on video. I have some video of the bear before and the recovery, but the action was so fast I couldn't get on him for the shot.

That boar was one of the more amazing animals I’ve seen in the wild, and would’ve made the trip for me had it been the only bear we saw. They had way better cameras than me so I’ll let them take care of that part

As you wish. First pics are of the sow with two cubs. Next is the boar grizzly. Last was the chocolate boar that Randy passed up. He said he wanted a more challenging shot at a bigger bear. It was only 957 yards away and wouldn't move out past 1000 yards. :)

Attachments

• Montana Spring 2014 252.jpg
    Montana Spring 2014 252.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 488
  • Montana Spring 2014 253.jpg
    Montana Spring 2014 253.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 490
  • Montana Spring 2014 255.jpg
    Montana Spring 2014 255.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 486
  • Montana Spring 2014 259.jpg
    Montana Spring 2014 259.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 486
  • Montana Spring 2014 263.jpg
    Montana Spring 2014 263.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 482
  • Montana Spring 2014 269.jpg
    Montana Spring 2014 269.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
I am sure Theat's version will blow mine out of the water, so let's just call this the behind the scenes version. The bear gets it right away in this video

Every mountain hunter's prayer sometime in their career, "hit a tree" as the tumbling accelerates.

So cool that the plan came together, and it gets to be shared on HuntTalk.

Has to be more, once you *animals* get yourselves gathered back up. Can't wait and thanks so much for taking us along even though only photos/stories. As I said, "Totally epic and going to be hard to beat for years!"

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northernmaineguide
Back