Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hunt Talker 2023 Fitness Goals

I have this pair of snowboarding pants that I bought on sale in January 2020. I wore them once, and they fit then. They do not fit right now, although they did right after last August's caribou hunt. I need to get back into caribou shape, so I can fit in those pants, before snowboarding season passes me by.

So lose 10lbs, and try not to add any curves, in the next 6 weeks.

I need to drop about 15 lbs (already in the process and making progress on this one) and I plan to run my first half marathon this year. Preferably the Missoula half marathon in late June. I’ve done 5ks but never entered anything longer, however my weekly long run is 7 miles so I figure this should be easily do able.

I don’t have a specific goal for this next one yet but I need to get myself on a regular gym routine to work on upper body strength. As a woman this is definitely my weak point and has been a limiting factor for me in the past. My cardio and hiking ability is typically pretty good but I’m definitely in need of more upper body strength. Personally I love cardio, running, hiking, being outdoors, but I struggle with getting and staying on a consistent strength training routine, for whatever reason.

I have this pair of snowboarding pants that I bought on sale in January 2020. I wore them once, and they fit then. They do not fit right now, although they did right after last August's caribou hunt. I need to get back into caribou shape, so I can fit in those pants, before snowboarding season passes me by.

So lose 10lbs, and try not to add any curves, in the next 6 weeks.

I feel that. I gained 15 pounds last year, and it definitely put me at the top limit of fitting into some of my hunting clothes. I want to drop the weight anyhow, for other reasons, but I’m also motivated to not have to buy new hunting clothes in the next size up.

Maintain what I’ve got going. Over the past 2 years I’ve lost 50 + lbs and have kept it off for a year. I just wanna flatline where I’m at with weight and maybe work a little more lifting into my routine just to tone up a bit.

Only been a week and lost 3lb's, but park run today was evil, gale force winds and driving rain straight off the Atlantic, only 240 runners today.
(typing this I have earned the 2 double JD and Cokes this evening :ROFLMAO: )
Hash House Harriers were the most dedicated British runners I ever met.

I had thought that I was doing pretty good being 6'1" and 177 lbs, but a picture in the mirror a year and half ago showed that I needed to make some changes both in my diet and my work outs. My youngest brother helped me set up a workout that was good for me that I could do at home and helped put together a better eating plan. After working at since the summer of 2021 my work out schedule is as follows: Day 1- 100 pull-ups, 75 push-ups, 60 dips, 160 band pulls across the chest, and 3 minute farmer walk. Day 2- 100 kettle squats, 2 sets of 50, 80 step ups, 40 each leg, and 70 box jumps. I just alternate back and forth between both work outs, so workout 7 days a week. When I started my goal was to do 100 pull-ups in under 10 minutes over the summer I was able to get a 100 in 9:49. As for the diet part I try and be under the daily value of sugar intake and try not to drink calories, stick to water. I was able to drop 15 pounds and am in the best shape I have ever been in at the age of 42. Goal for the year is to stay motivated to continue to workout and stick with the healthier eating habits.

My friend runs with them, it's just a race to the pub! :ROFLMAO:
There are different groups of hashers and different runs too. You should go with him sometime! Dead hare runs, drunk hare, multiple hares. Family runs where people drink water and push strollers. I hared a red dress run once in Phoenix, got to meet Ms. Red Dress herself before she passed. I’d say ultimately a man gets out, puts in 5-10k and has so much fun he doesn’t even know he’s exercising.

Following, and I’m in.

First goal is to lose 20 lbs. I recently went from the guy that can eat anything with no consequences to being the guy that weight sticks to. Need to get back down to my fighting weight of 205 - 210.

I also need to be in better overall shape - as in strength AND cardio. I’ve got an appointment with a trainer at the Y to teach me more full body and functional movement type work outs. All I know about weight training I learned in the 90’s - bench, incline, bi, tri, lat pull down - 4 sets of 5. That’s it. I’m looking forward to learning something different. Helps that when discussing goals with my trainer and I mentioned elk season, she instantly went to “oh so we’ll do weighted vest stuff on the stair climber.”

So there it is, that’s my 2023 fitness goals.
Does your trainer have a sister in Moscow who is willing to work with a 60 Y.O. guy who enjoyed the holidays too much? Hard burn to get -20 lbs ASAP, slow burn to drop 20 more before wheels up in August.

I don't just want to get to the alpine this fall, but actually summit at least one peak. Not technical, but very cardio intense.

Strength wise, I can still lift the side of a truck, but things go "pop" a lot easier now.

It appears I will be inheriting a treadmill in February, so weather is no longer an excuse. I'm told I can mount my laptop to it and walk through the conference calls.

I'll jump on this train! Over the last several years, I have been focused fitness-wise on training in Strongman (which also means eating as much as humanly possible for the ruthless training that comes with). However, I hit a wall during elk season this last year where I knew I could not carry so much body weight around in such steep terrain to be an effective hunter. I have changed my fitness goals and workout routine entirely with the focus of becoming more conditioned and lighter on my feet. A few weeks before Christmas I set out to lose at least 60lbs. I am currently down 15lbs, and I am still lifting 3 days a week. I am excited for spring and summer to get my legs in the hills and have them conditioned and ready to go before September.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back