Caribou Gear Tarp

Hunt Talker 2023 Fitness Goals

Drop about 15lbs. I'd like to get down to 180. Rucking seems like a great way to lose it. Or rucking on a stair climber. Also more strength training while I'm at the gym.

Lets say 3 days a week. If I can fish 5 days a week I can make room for 3 hours of working out a week!

I’m not in amazing shape- I’m just taller, stubborn, and still have a six pack through some miracle. I’d like to:

Lift 2x a week
Cardio 3x a week (includes rugby/sports and hiking/skiing)

Bump from 180 up to 195 lbs
Run 5 miles for the first time in my life

Bench 1x bodyweight
Squat 1.5x
RDL 2x

Recover pulled hamstring/glute from Maggotfest last May
Fix pinched nerve in right foot

Marry a rich supermodel that loves to fly fish and archery hunt.

That last one is there for when i check back- if i get the entire list, you all know I’m either dreaming, or lying.

I just want to keep paying the rent on this thing and see where it goes.

-Peloton 2-3x a week
-upper, lower, and core strength 3x per week
-YMCA full body Cardio HIIT class 2x a week (those old ladies are tough!)

I’ve been forced into being a yoga student with my wife teaching it now. I guess I will work on trying to sit on top of the soles of my feet.
Also going to try and single arm push press 1/2 my body weight.

Wife said I had to join Orange Theory with her and it's going well, fitness is improving and I don't hate it. But as the only guy in there, I've slowly come to regret every minute I spent in a bar in my 20s

Wife said I had to join Orange Theory with her and it's going well, fitness is improving and I don't hate it. But as the only guy in there, I've slowly come to regret every minute I spent in a bar in my 20s

i think most guys have that realization after they're firmly married that the best places for chicks was actually work out classes and starbucks.

it's like pressured elk, chicks always end up in the spots nobody wants to go in to.

I'll play - avoid putting on the tax season weight I tend to gain as a CPA and drop about 20 pounds to get back to my hunting season weight. Put on some muscle between now and season and really focus on my lungs and legs.

i think most guys have that realization after they're firmly married that the best places for chicks was actually work out classes and starbucks.

it's like pressured elk, chicks always end up in the spots nobody wants to go in to.

Or is it like seeing a big bull on private land or in a limited/controlled hunt unit and thinking how easy it would be to kill it. And the reality is that we'll never have the chance in the first place?

"...Marry a rich supermodel that loves to fly fish and archery hunt."
They exist man, they do exist....7 years ago I met an amazing woman who is now my best friend and we share many outdoor adventures together. She's survived hikes with me that most guys would've given up on. She's slaying elk right beside me too as I coach her through the shots, a dream come true! Granted it's our 2nd time around, but it was worth the wait for sure, we both say that we wished we would've found eachother 25 years ago....

Oh and to stay on the topic of this thread: after lifting weights and exercising religiously for 30+ years and getting bored with it, I started brazilian jiu jitsu a year ago, what a challenge, what a workout, and what a rush, wished I would've started 20 years ago! Don't hardly need to workout after doing bjj 3-4 times a week.

Seeing how many peaks I can haul my soon to be one-year-old daughter up during my summer off. Do infants get altitude sickness? We'll find out! Nothing says fun toddler playtime like a touch of pulmonary edema.
I know they’re good right around 11,000’!

Thought I would give you a laugh, thats me on Christmas Eve, coming to the end of a 5k/3.1mile park run, 548 runners in it, I came in position 264, 27:38, but at 5'9'' and 180lbs and need to lose another stone and lose the moobs:ROFLMAO:
View attachment 259252
Brother, you’re doing fine. At 17 I was clocking only 7 min shy of your current time on 5ks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back