Hunt Talker 2023 Fitness Goals

"best places... actually work out classes and starbucks.

View attachment 259329

guy's unit 18 is a gold mine greater than F45 on a saturday morning... if you know how to play the field.

you just gotta have the right moves and timing.

meaning you can't open with "hey girl, i noticed you there doing bent over rows while i was doing lunges behind you. wanna go get a quad shot sugar free hazelnut almond milk latte with me after class?"

just gotta be smarter than the next guy and those brow tine legal elk are all yours

Last edited:
Find a motivation to get in shape other than elk hunting.

I’ve been getting better every year, because the older I get the longer it takes me to get in shape. It’s the same cycle every year, run, lift, eat right all summer until I get done hunting. The eat sweets drink beer, eat junk until I come out of winter feeling like a greasy tick then starting over. I’ve done a little better this year, I’ve been doing body weight stuff and running a little since the first. Hopefully this is the year I get down to 185ish.

After my holiday binge eating and several booze benders I can’t believe how well I sleep and feel when I eat right and workout.

Someday I’ll wise up and do it year round. Maybe.

My scale hasn't shifted and pants are still too tight but this week I've made a big adjustment to my diet plan...no alcohol during the week. It will make a huge change to my social life. I'm convinced that this was a driver of a lot of my problems. I'd get a workout in but then meet people for beer (or 3 or 5) and then get home at 9pm starving so I'd make a frozen pizza and then end up eating most of it or worse swing through McDonalds for a double quarter pounder. Doing this 2-3 days a week added some 5000 calories to my diet or approximately 10oz of fat assume 8000 calories is 1lb of gain.

We're working on a backpack trip to the Tetons this summer so it's go time.

Doing this 2-3 days a week added some 5000 calories to my diet or approximately 10oz of fat assume 8000 calories is 1lb of gain.

I’ve always read that 1lb equals approximately 3500 calories, so you may be able to see results even faster than you think with that change.

I've been mixing in Mtn Tough, beachbody workouts, rucking and running. I would like to cut 10 lbs and be down to 210 instead of 220. I would like to eat a little bit better but sometimes after pulling a 12 hour shift and driving an hour home I eat whatever the wife has made for dinner. Also this year the high school I graduated from is having an alumni football game that I am going to take part in so that is some incentive to get into football shape with regards to sprints and football related movement.

Last edited:
__Summit 2 Peaks in GNP (Little Matterhorn and Mount Cannon)
__Hike 10 miles and 3,000+ vertical feet with 60-pound pack
__Run from West Glacier to Nyack on Boundary Trail
__Yoga with Adriene 5 days/week
__Get to a high point and glass every week this summer
__Stay injury free
__Go dry every other month

Build up some muscle mass again. Gain 10 pounds.
Rest.
Go firewood collecting until I can work on my porches. Hike more with Rio.
Rest.
Put a pull up bar on the porch and get back to floor exercises in the shade of the porch. I could do 50 easy when I was younger,40. So goal is 20 at 1st. Then back to 100 push ups too.
Rest.
After the last year and getting a good check up from the Doctor this week I have incentive. With rest.

Maybe the blonde will notice my Moobs are actually Pecs as I lift the pie to my mouth? Then we can compare hot flashes....

I’ve been walking in the game lands. Doing some small game hunting and just plain hiking with my Henry .22. But after a week and a half of a virus and not eating, I was down to 175, which was the lowest I had been since I went into the Navy in 1965. I’m 77 years old now. But I still like to walk. I need to put some weight back on, I think I look frail. I can’t believe those weight charts that say for my age, height and build that I should be 160! Where does this come from? I would look like death warmed over. So I bought eight bottles of that Ensure high protein, high calorie chocolate drink and started eating again and I have gained five pounds back. I’d like to get up to 185. I’d like to not have to put my belt in the last hole so my pants stay up.

I’ve been walking in the game lands. Doing some small game hunting and just plain hiking with my Henry .22. But after a week and a half of a virus and not eating, I was down to 175, which was the lowest I had been since I went into the Navy in 1965. I’m 77 years old now. But I still like to walk. I need to put some weight back on, I think I look frail. I can’t believe those weight charts that say for my age, height and build that I should be 160! Where does this come from? I would look like death warmed over. So I bought eight bottles of that Ensure high protein, high calorie chocolate drink and started eating again and I have gained five pounds back. I’d like to get up to 185. I’d like to not have to put my belt in the last hole so my pants stay up.
My weight most of my life has been 185. I lost ten for 2 years in the Navy. Was 210 and jacked framing for a few years.
I just gained 10 pounds back and I'm on a second to last on the belt.
Just remembered I still have my wetsuit, gear. Fins. Quemado Lake may suck for fishing , but would work for long swims.
67 and alive.

Last edited:
Find a motivation to get in shape other than elk hunting.

I’ve been getting better every year, because the older I get the longer it takes me to get in shape. It’s the same cycle every year, run, lift, eat right all summer until I get done hunting. The eat sweets drink beer, eat junk until I come out of winter feeling like a greasy tick then starting over. I’ve done a little better this year, I’ve been doing body weight stuff and running a little since the first. Hopefully this is the year I get down to 185ish.

After my holiday binge eating and several booze benders I can’t believe how well I sleep and feel when I eat right and workout.

Someday I’ll wise up and do it year round. Maybe.
I too am getting “older” and have come to the same conclusions! Have a (1) beer, not a gallon. Don’t eat the entire pie. Some of these viejos on here 20yrs my senior can still kick my ass on any physical activity.

I’ve been hitting the gym steady for 3 weeks, 4x a week. I’ve even gone as far as eating salads, fruit, nuts, etc for lunch. I miss cheeseburgers.

Haven’t lost any weight yet, but I am in better shape and getting stronger.

I was doing similar in 2022 and lost about 10 lbs. Started macro tracking after Thanksgiving and that is helping more. The 2 handfuls of nuts I would snack on or a few slices of extra sharp cheddar had way more calories than I needed so it has helped with moderation. I realized my "normal" healthy diet was about 150-160g of protein a day and have been trying to hit 200-210, so started doing protein shakes for the first time in years. Recovery and fitness is noticeably better with the add'l protein.

I was doing similar in 2022 and lost about 10 lbs. Started macro tracking after Thanksgiving and that is helping more. The 2 handfuls of nuts I would snack on or a few slices of extra sharp cheddar had way more calories than I needed so it has helped with moderation. I realized my "normal" healthy diet was about 150-160g of protein a day and have been trying to hit 200-210, so started doing protein shakes for the first time in years. Recovery and fitness is noticeably better with the add'l protein.
Have you found an app or some other technique that works good for tracking macros?

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back