MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hughes Creek gate update

thks for update, i am confused, hasnt this case been to court 2x , and deemed legal road

does every linear foot of a road , need to be proven a foot at a time?
Yep, twice the landowners have lost at the state supreme court.

This dude pulled up a metal gate for fear of something happening to it, and left an entire functioning excavator behind in its place?

Not to go off on a tangent, but I fear for our futures when our system and leaders can't manage to out-maneuver this kind of a bozo.

Back in Texas, they'd tell this guy TS and start paving the road, and if he didn't pay those fines they'd start seizing his property and throw him in jail.

I don’t know man, I think Ted Cruz would be so far up these landowners ass he’d be happier than that time he fled to Cancun.

Ted Cruz wouldn't be caught dead in the presence of these dirt plowing rock-pickers, much less advocate for them. He'd be in the pocket of the multinational corporation who bribed him to let them build the road through the landowner's pasture in the first place, I'd reckon. A lot of highways in TX are toll roads that are owned by foreign, private companies. Railways, too. A lot of land gets taken in the process of these messes. My family's pasture land had miles of electric line run through it - and it was not a request. If I recall correctly we had to provide a padlock and key for their access, too (this is many, many years ago we're talking).

https://grist.org/climate-energy/te...ranscanada-can-seize-land-from-a-family-farm/

That's just one instance. From recently. When Texas decides it's time for #*^@#* you, it's time for #*^@#* you.

Last edited:
We have a Senator that lives down that way. She advertises a 100% voting record with UPOM during her campaign.

I have tried to explain that’s not a good thing.

Ted Cruz wouldn't be caught dead in the presence of these dirt plowing rock-pickers, much less advocate for them. He'd be in the pocket of the multinational corporation who bribed him to let them build the road through the landowner's pasture in the first place, I'd reckon. A lot of highways in TX are toll roads that are owned by foreign, private companies. Railways, too. A lot of land gets taken in the process of these messes. My family's pasture land had miles of electric line run through it - and it was not a request. If I recall correctly we had to provide a padlock and key for their access, too (this is many, many years ago we're talking).

https://grist.org/climate-energy/te...ranscanada-can-seize-land-from-a-family-farm/

That's just one instance. From recently. When Texas decides it's time for #*^@#* you, it's time for #*^@#* you.
A public road that is blocked by someone is completely different than what you're talking about. I understand what you are saying but this situation is no different than you or I blocking a highway. It's completely ridiculous.

if the guy digs a hole in the road and a person or horse or cow falls in it and gets hurt, i would imagine a serious lawsuit could be had,,,,

The non action by the county commissioners for years is almost as bad as dealing with the land owners.

PLWA is doing the heavy lifting on this, if anyone is looking for a place to donate a bit of cash this is a great outfit.
That's right about PLWA. Thank them for Montana's stream access laws and so much more. There are more problems than they can handle with their budget. Sign up for $10 or $20 per month and you won't miss it. https://www.plwa.org/

Back