Hug your kids...

ashersdad

Both my sons have Wyoming cow elk tags this year. We decided to make a quick 3 day trip before Christmas to try to fill a tag or two. 11 hours into our journey we were involved in a rollover accident when a guy lost his new duck boat on the highway and a semi hit it which slammed it into us and the next thing I knew we were rolling through a farmers field. I have to admit that’s about as scared as I’ve been, thinking I may have lost my kids.

By the grace of God and seatbelts, we walked away with bumps and bruises. I lost my truck. 3 pair of binoculars, my spotter, and 2 rifles and scopes are all dinged up. Coolers are cracked, and the list goes on and on. But all that can be replaced and I didn’t lose my boys. I am thankful. So be safe out there and Merry Christmas.

77B3B6A8-55CD-4AF3-B041-4AB1238EFA5A.jpegE590CA0E-EFF7-4C88-A287-D154309B6544.jpeg9D33647E-5C30-47A5-AAEE-7BA5F15073BF.jpegC580D2A4-764E-42A2-AEB7-2C2F8971E3F5.jpeg

Holy Cow. That's Crazy. Glad you and your boys walked away from that ok.
That's a very good reminder of what is and what is not important.

Man, I have to admit that I started to read that while holding my breath. Glad you guys are alive. Thanks be to God for sure. Thank you both for the reminder.

Very good to hear all are okay with just bumps and bruises. Good reminder for us all. Hope you get things sorted out without too much hassle. No fun dealing with stuff like that 11 hours away from the house.

Glad to hear everyone is okay. It's only equipment, it sucks but it can be replaced. Terrifying situation I wouldn't wish on anyone. Have a good Christmas. Hopefully insurance gives some kickback for the lost equipment. But I'm not sure how insurance works out there. Your equipment should be covered under your homeowners or renters insurance if it was a significant amount of money in optics, guns, etc. It could even all go back to the owner of the duck boats insurance to cover your gear that was damaged or broken. Either way, glad everyone is safe.

Scary situation for sure. So glad you and your boys are ok. Enjoy this Christmas with the best gift you can receive, more time with your loved ones.

Glad you're all safe. That truck looks ALMOST fine! Held up well considering a boat hit it and it rolled. Built Ford tough, right? Merry Christmas to you all.

Glad you all made it with minor bumps, hug them boys. A guy can take the things we think there's nothing to pretty for granted. Once again glad everyone is safe and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back