HTers at sheep show this week? Raise your hand,

Dang didn’t plan well, could have pulled both off. Sorry I’ll miss the show but I’ll be at SCI. Good luck Kirby you all are doing good work.

That's a shit pile of $$. I'm glad RMBS gets some solid funding out of it. But it's kind of hard to support the auction tags any more.

RMBS needs to get with the program and follow the ID WSF chapter when it comes to recovering a credit card transaction fee. Either I paid a 3.6% transaction fee, which I'm fine with, or I bought a cup of coffee for the hard working folks in the booth, which I'm also fine with. So @Oak, don't be leaving money on the table.

Was nice to see some of you there. Wish I had more time to visit. The craziness of these shows almost requires a set time and place for a Hunt Talk-specific gathering. Lots of great volunteers working the booths of the state chapter affiliates and the other smaller conservation orgs that are there.

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 10.24.59 AM.png

RMBS needs to get with the program and follow the ID WSF chapter when it comes to recovering a credit card transaction fee. Either I paid a 3.6% transaction fee, which I'm fine with, or I bought a cup of coffee for the hard working folks in the booth, which I'm also fine with. So @Oak, don't be leaving money on the table.

Was nice to see some of you there. Wish I had more time to visit. The craziness of these shows almost requires a set time and place for a Hunt Talk-specific gathering. Lots of great volunteers working the booths of the state chapter affiliates and the other smaller conservation orgs that are there.

View attachment 209280
Unfortunately, there are two sets of rules we must abide by when raffling the statewide licenses: the Secretary of State's raffle rules and the DNR big game auction and raffle rules. The SOS rules allow you to pass on the transaction fee for credit card purchases as long as the fee is stated up front. The DNR rules state that you cannot charge more than $25 per ticket. Passing on the credit card fee for a $25 ticket constitutes charging more than $25 per their interpretation of that rule.

Example: last year MDF sold mule deer raffle tickets for $25 for one, $100 for 5, etc., and passed on the CC fees. Because a single ticket ended up costing $28.09 with CC fees, the DNR made them refund $3.09 to each person who purchased just one. For those who purchased more than one ticket, the discounted package price meant that CC fees did not push the cost per ticket over $25, so they were ok.

But your point stands for the raffles outside of the big game auction and raffle license program.

Since I have not seen a bunch of profile pics on the Unlimited thread, am I correct in assuming that the Boddington ram was not on display?

Back