Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

HT Antelope/Deer ID deer hunt

Duck-Slayer

Thinking about putting something like this together. Antelope archery 2nd season is unlimited and if your like me and like big 2 pts you can get a General archery deer tag. It will be for 4-8 people maybe 10. 7 day deal Sept.6-13, bring your own gear. Mix of water holes, spot-n-stalk, decoying(antelope). I won’t give out units until the draw in May and over PM after you got your hunting License for Idaho. Should be fun shin-dig. Trying to gage the interest in something like this.
Matt

Last edited:
I very well may be interested if I don’t draw elk in New Mexico as all my hunts I put in for there are the archery seasons. It would be a haul for me from TN but what you’re describing piques my interest quite a bit. I’ve rifle hunted both species but haven’t with my bow, maybe I wouldn’t be an anchor.

I'm interested. I normally get a license and hunt whitetail in November anyway.

I'm going to have to be very careful as my hunting ambitions are quickly getting away from my vacation time and budget though.

I might be in for the first 4 days. I'm localish, so if someone is flying and needs to borrow somw gear, I'd be happy to help y'all out.

this is a cool idea and sounds fun. archery elk for me in CO every chance I get in Sept or I would consider this.

Would there be any room for a guy to join for just a 3-day weekend type deal? I probably live or work in the unit. I'm new-ish to the state and have never hunted archery antelope. Usually hunt solo but have been looking to meet up with some locals. I can bring extra camp gear and a SxS. Sounds fun.

Last edited:
That sounds like a lot of fun. If only I had more vacation time and Idaho weren't so danged far from Indiana..

Good luck putting this together, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Would there be any room for a guy to join for just a 3-day weekend type deal? I probably live or work in the unit. I'm new-ish to the state and have never hunted archery antelope. Usually hunt solo but have been looking to meet up with some locals. I can bring extra camp gear and a SxS. Sounds fun.

Yea you can come and go as anyone pleases, not set in stone, dates may vary. I plan on drawing a moose tag this year :)
Matt

We're getting closer to deadline to apply, I'm still working on time off, I guess it depends on work projects for me

Awesome idea Matt!!! Getting together with other guys from here is an amazing time and there will be life long memories. Thanks for putting this together. I wish I could make it.

Remember...if you're a disabled veteran of 40% or more, Idaho has a DAV program for non residents to get resident prices.

Wish I could make it! We'll be in Idaho a couple of weeks later for archery deer and elk. I'd love to do something like this at some point though. That bear hunt on Amazon Prime looked like a blast.

I’m all about still getting this together. But.... there’s always a but, I have to have heel surgery on June 20 and will be a 12 month rehab process, so my hunting is probably limited to riding a four wheeler on the trail LOL 😂
Matt

Matt, I-m still nursing an achilles injury so it may be an atv ride with bows. Or maybe i can sit my fatass in a blind and watch a waterhole.

Whomever wants to do a general Antelope tag needs to apply for it, so PM me a copy of your 2019 hunting license and I will tell you what to apply for. The deer tag is just a general tag. Thanks
Matt

I'm in for hail mary rifle antelope tags, but I'd love to come out without a tag to drink banquets, glass and pack meat.

It sounds like a blast. I unfortunately am a rifle hunter and just moved to Idaho 2 weeks ago. I won't be able to get resident prices before the season ends. Good luck

It sounds like a blast. I unfortunately am a rifle hunter and just moved to Idaho 2 weeks ago. I won't be able to get resident prices before the season ends. Good luck

TS,
I definitely need to take you up on that. My packing is limited to driving the 4 wheeler during bow season and maybe even rifle season.
Matt

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back