PEAX Equipment

How's the weather where you are?

West TN. Our weather really needs a prescription for some bipolar medicine. Last week was warm with highs in the 50’s and lots of rain. This week has been beautiful with lots of sunshine with highs in the low 30’s and lows in the teens. Supposed to get some snow early next week which is annoying because around here if we get 3 inches of snow people lose their minds as if the world is coming to an end. I’m loving it. I really enjoy the colder weather as long as it’s not cloudy/dreary.

Spring like weather on the mid-Oregon Coast. Daffodils are coming up with many other plants. The bees are out checking the flowers that are out.

Steelhead are in the river and Crabbing is good.

An here in Mn the forecast ahead doesn't look any better. Only 2 of the next 5 days will have highs above 0. Wedsndays high of -14.

In Fargo ND its supposed to hit -30s this week. I am tired of it already.

Just like our MN/IA neighbors...So Dakota 5" snow today 30MPH winds today and tomorrow and -25 temps mid week. Got to love it.

55° and sunny at my place right now. I was working outside earlier, the wind picked up and I had to put on a sweater. Rough stuff.

looks like we will bottom out at -32 mid week.. hopefully the last of the arctic

Usually when the Dakotas/Minnesota/Wisconsin is in a cold snap, we are warm.

Ain't that the truth! I usually compare our cold weather with our friends in Willow and ask them to send us the warm air. Had -20 yesterday morning, -11 today, and that's just a good start. 3-5 inches of snow tonight on top of all we've had so far with winds somewhere between 20 and 40MPH. THEN after it warms up to the low 30s the bottom falls out. -22 next Tuesday night, -16 Wednesday, -25 Wednesday night. 10-20 MPH winds for the duration. Ugh... Same time frame, Willow, Alaska will be roughly 50 degrees warmer.

Ain't that the truth! I usually compare our cold weather with our friends in Willow and ask them to send us the warm air. Had -20 yesterday morning, -11 today, and that's just a good start. 3-5 inches of snow tonight on top of all we've had so far with winds somewhere between 20 and 40MPH. THEN after it warms up to the low 30s the bottom falls out. -22 next Tuesday night, -16 Wednesday, -25 Wednesday night. 10-20 MPH winds for the duration. Ugh... Same time frame, Willow, Alaska will be roughly 50 degrees warmer.

Your cold is worse also as we typically have no wind and low humidity in interior Alaska.
I think the coldest I have ever felt is in Wisconsin...felt colder than -40s up here on a still day.

Your cold is worse also as we typically have no wind and low humidity in interior Alaska.
I think the coldest I have ever felt is in Wisconsin...felt colder than -40s up here on a still day.

I can believe that. We spent this past Christmas in Fairbanks. It varied between -10 and -19 I think. Didn't feel like it. Went dog mushing for about an hour or so at -12 and it wasn't bad. I did notice that my first breath stepping outside or out of the car made me cough, but then I was good. Guess it's a "dry cold"! Hard to believe the Chena River was still open! Farthest North we went was probably 30-40 miles north of Chatanika. Whole different life up there. We'll stick to the Matsu Valley for retiring!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back