Yeti GOBOX Collection

Howa Randy Newberg Edition

This looks like a great package and I'm really pleased to see a threaded muzzle for those of us who like to hunt with a silencer. I'll admit being a bit excited about the possibility of PRC chamberings when I began to read the thread, but I understand they're not a possibility right now - or maybe ever. I'll be glad to recommend this package to anyone looking for a new hunting rig and might be able to slip a 7mm-08 model into my collection when it's released.

I just checked them out and they look really nice! can't beat it for a package, most have a junk optic on a mediocre gun, not this one! For the first time ever i held a alpine mtn rifle today, used at my Cabela's. i was impressed to say the least, it was compact and light! i would have bought it but it was a 243

I bought the "randy edition" in .300 win mag. The muzzle brake exploded after 2 shots. The scope does NOT hold true after 2 shots. (made sure all screws were tight) then I try contacting HOWA and...no response! VERY disappointed in this gun!!

I bought the "randy edition" in .300 win mag. The muzzle brake exploded after 2 shots. The scope does NOT hold true after 2 shots. (made sure all screws were tight) then I try contacting HOWA and...no response! VERY disappointed in this gun!!

I don't believe you.

I would think that Kablooey would've been a better screen name for that particularly curious first post...or some anagram of baloney.

Hai guise check out mah new ri...

aboltkaboom.gif

For all the Naysayers

Attachments

• Resized_20191118_131201.jpg
    Resized_20191118_131201.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Resized_20191118_131207.jpg
    Resized_20191118_131207.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 142
Hmmmm. Maybe it's just a bad image. Those rifles come fully cerakoted, not blued. That one looks blue. I sent this post to Howa. They are trying find your call/email in the CS system. Send me your info via PM and I'll give it to the VP.

Last edited:
Either the shadows/lighting in the picture make it look like it's blued or it is blued which the RN Howa Rifles are a light/medium gray cerakote. Either way I hope that the manufacture will resolve this problem for him swiftly and correctly.

Will there be a "Moosie" edition? Maybe a "Lightweight Alpine Mountain Rifle" in 458 Win Mag?

The rifle is cerakoted. The picture is shadowed by me. The rest of the brake is gone! I have emailed howa but no response from them.

Send me your information via a PM and I will make sure your information gets to the person who is in charge at Howa.

I’m guessing there was a misalignment issue and you had a bullet strike.

Did anyone remove the brake?

was this coincidental with the rifle not grouping well?

I guess a misalignment was possible. Just dont see how when it screws on the same way. And after only 2 shots (barrel cooled after the first shot) it wouldn't have gotten so hot it warped. 😕🤷‍♂️

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back