Howa Randy Newberg Edition

freu1chr

Does anyone know if they are going to make this combination in 7mm-08? I would love to buy this rifle if they make it in that caliber!!

Im pretty sure he confirmed that a 7mm-08 would come out eventually.

Sportsmans has 6.5 creed, 6.5PRC, 7mmRem, 308, 300Win, and 300PRC listed. I'd love to see the weight specs on all
yes I noticed the two added PRC calibers that are Hornady designed, but I am sure Nosler has some loads for those two as well. Those two surprised me, since I know Randy was trying to keep the chamberings to 5 to keep production costs down. I may be interested in the 6.5 PRC or either 08s early next year. I currently have an ole reliable .270 WIN that my Dad bought me in the late 90s and I have a .300 WSM on layaway that I should have by the second week of Sept. I won't get to take it out west this season, but next. She needs a nice Leupold scope on her.
Definitely excited to see this two year project come to fruition with such a beautiful and sharp shooting combo that one can take from Arizona to Alaska and from Idaho to Pennsylvania if they so choose.

Caliber 308 Winchester
Barrel Length 22in
Finish Gun Metal Gray Cerakote
Stock HS Precision
Sights LEUPOLD VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm CDS Scope - Duplex
Weight 7.4lbs
Action Bolt Action
Cartridge 308 Winchester
Color Cerakote Camo
Hand Right
Made in the USA true
Stock Material Fiberglass
Threaded true
Twist 1:10in
Type Centerfire

yes I noticed the two added PRC calibers that are Hornady designed, but I am sure Nosler has some loads for those two as well. Those two surprised me, since I know Randy was trying to keep the chamberings to 5 to keep production costs down......................................

This was news to me. Thanks for posting it here.

I can assure you that there will NOT be any PRC rifles with my name on them. I contacted Howa this morning to figure out why SW is saying those chamberings will be available, when they will not be part of this. Someone is on the wrong page with that message and it will get straightened out. The two remaining chamberings that we have decided on are the 7mm Rem Mag and the 7mm-08.

This was news to me. Thanks for posting it here.

I can assure you that there will NOT be any PRC rifles with my name on them. I contacted Howa this morning to figure out why SW is saying those chamberings will be available, when they will not be part of this. Someone is on the wrong page with that message and it will get straightened out. The two remaining chamberings that we have decided on are the 7mm Rem Mag and the 7mm-08.
You are quite welcome Randy aka Big Fin. I was definitely wondering why the 6.5 PRC and .300 PRC chamberings were added on the Sportsman's Warehouse website, I checked on a Friday and the original ones announced were there the .300 WM, .308 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor. Then I checked again the next day or so and saw that they added the two PRC calibers and the 7mm Rem Mag earlier than you had stated it would be available. Obviously fine with the 7mm Rem Mag having early release, but I was dumbfounded at Howa and SW adding two extras that you no one would ever associate with a Randy Newberg Special Edition. Now a .7mm-08 and even the .270 WIN (seen being used on your season 7 episode 9 pronghorn hunt and you killed your first 5 elk with that caliber) I can see being added at a later date, but not some new calibers like the two PRC ones from a partner's competitor.
Thanks for the update and I am glad I can help.

Thanks for the reply's Randy. Just curious why you chose to go away from the alpine rifle?

The Alpine had a custom stock. Supply of those stocks kept getting less and less. Supply got down to 100 per month that is not enough to keep a rifle viable.

We are working on a lightweight replacement for the Alpine that does not have the supply chain issue.

Rifle only.
Wait until next year or year after when Randy and Howa come back out with their own "Lightweight Alpine Mountain Rifle" Randy Newberg edition. Then it might be that 7.4 lbs total since the one he still has and shown in many episodes is about 5.7 lbs and Leupold scopes are known to be lightweight for their size and magnification. Probably in 6.5 CM, .308, .270 and the most well known in that rifle the .7mm-08, and maybe a 6mm like a .243 for youth and smaller framed hunters that are chasing Pronghorn and Whitetail. But in the meantime order one of the sweet Randy Newberg Special Editions that are available on Sportman's Warehouse now. One stop shop.

Wait until next year or year after when Randy and Howa come back out with their own "Lightweight Alpine Mountain Rifle" Randy Newberg edition. Then it might be that 7.4 lbs total since the one he still has and shown in many episodes is about 5.7 lbs and Leupold scopes are known to be lightweight for their size and magnification. Probably in 6.5 CM, .308, .270 and the most well known in that rifle the .7mm-08, and maybe a 6mm like a .243 for youth and smaller framed hunters that are chasing Pronghorn and Whitetail. But in the meantime order one of the sweet Randy Newberg Special Editions that are available on Sportman's Warehouse now. One stop shop.

Yeah I'll be waiting for a new alpine rifle from Randy for sure. But, right now looking for a rifle for my son and roughly 8.5lbs with a scope is a little much for him. I mean my rifle is 6lbs scoped and loaded, I was looking at a tikka or a model 7 basically a 6.5lbs bare rifle.

Yeah I'll be waiting for a new alpine rifle from Randy for sure. But, right now looking for a rifle for my son and roughly 8.5lbs with a scope is a little much for him. I mean my rifle is 6lbs scoped and loaded, I was looking at a tikka or a model 7 basically a 6.5lbs bare rifle.
Patience is a good thing, I like the new Randy Newberg special edition they definitely fill a much needed white space in the industry. When I was young, I don't remember worrying about the weight of my Dad's .300 WM or later on my woodstock model 110 Savage in .270 when I was a teen. That still is my only rifle now until I get that .300 WSM off layaway. But of course I live in West Virginia and don't have to hike the extreme elevations like Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, etc.. so a lightweight rifle in the correct caliber makes a lot of sense of your son. I wish you and your son the best of luck this fall.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back