Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

HOWA questions here

Get in touch with their US distributor, Legacy Sports International. They could probably help before you throw more money at it.

There’s some fine print on their website about the rifle being warrantied only to the original owner who registered within 30 days of purchase, but I’d still give them a call.
Best group I could get. I am debating. I just don't have the time to be sending the rifle back and dealing with all that. Might just trade it in on another CVA.

Attachments

• HOWA Target (2).jpg
    HOWA Target (2).jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 3
A couple years ago I was able to pick up a howa 1500 kuiu verde rifle through work. It’s chambered in 7mm-08 which in my experience is an inherently accurate cartridge but I’ve struggled to get the rifle to shoot any load better than 2” groups. I’ve shot nosler, federal, Remington, and hornaday through it and can’t find anything it really likes. I’ve torqued the screws to what they should be and tried multiple optics on it. Are there any suggestions as to how to make this gun shoot?

A couple years ago I was able to pick up a howa 1500 kuiu verde rifle through work. It’s chambered in 7mm-08 which in my experience is an inherently accurate cartridge but I’ve struggled to get the rifle to shoot any load better than 2” groups. I’ve shot nosler, federal, Remington, and hornaday through it and can’t find anything it really likes. I’ve torqued the screws to what they should be and tried multiple optics on it. Are there any suggestions as to how to make this gun shoot?
Do what I did, send it back to them under warranty. I could not get anything better than 4" groups with my 1500.

can this ad be right ? A carbon stalker / scope combo deal for under $500?

Attachments

• B18F60E5-89AC-4787-B1C3-C9195754135A.png
    B18F60E5-89AC-4787-B1C3-C9195754135A.png
    621.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 2F2FBD77-009B-4519-8F5E-7EC6C1A64A91.png
    2F2FBD77-009B-4519-8F5E-7EC6C1A64A91.png
    425.3 KB · Views: 30
Copy paste a link

I'm willing to bet a distributor has the wrong info and it's simply being copy/pasted. That's a Hogue stock, game pro configuration--typically their naming conventions will give you a hint of what they are. That one isn't a Carbon Stalker. The Carbon Stalkers all have HCBN as the prefix and are much more expensive. You could roll the dice and see if you get a Carbon stalker for $450, but you're most likely getting a heavy barrel in a Hogue stock, which is pretty much the opposite of the Carbon Stalker.

Anyone had warranty work done with Legacy? Would like to know results and turnaround timeline.

I recently went to an RMEF dinner and saw there a Howa 1500 300 win mag that said Kratos on the barrel and had a stock with coyote fur pattern on it. I was curious about it. I don’t know much about Howas but I couldn’t find any info about it. Anyone know anything about it? How much it’s worth? Why a 300 wm had coyote pattern on it? Just curious.

Last edited:
Anyone had warranty work done with Legacy? Would like to know results and turnaround timeline.
I have twice for their Pointer shotgun. Don’t remember exact timeframe (i think it was between seasons so nonissue for me). But I do remember it being fairly quick.
Was very happy as they were friendly and quick to help answer questions/send a label/etc. no complaints.

Gotta love those specs! 7mm-08, 308 and 6.5CM could find a home in my safe... if
Maybe someday Howa will make an LH version.
No matter, Howa will sell out of RH models anyway. '-)

A quick teaser. In case you missed it.
~~~

Randy's New FAVORITE HUNTING RIFLE!
Fresh Tracks | Howa Super-Lite

Howa 1500
Broken extractor.
Easy to replace myself or send back to Legacy?

Howa 1500
Broken extractor.
Easy to replace myself or send back to Legacy?
I would say, if you plan on having it for next hunting season, replace if you can. It took them about 8 months to rectify an issue with a rifle unable to shoot MOA. They could not replace the rifle with the same and railroaded me until I contacted the VP twice and complained. Nice rifles but not so good on customer service. They did, in their defense, replace a standard sporter 270 with a carbon 6.5 PRC.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back