HOWA questions here

I swear I saw a post regarding this... made me go down the rabbit hole.

Has anyone purchased a rifle package only to find that the scope box serial number didn't match the serial number on the scope? I haven't called Leupold to make sure the scope on the gun is the same model. I am also weirded out when I saw the scope rings had some corrosion and I had it for less than three months!
Yup that was me. I was concerned that the website was refusing to register the scope serial. I only had the post up for a few minutes and decided to take it down until after I spoke to someone at Leupold to see what was what. According to the fellow I spoke to at Leupold the problem was the registration module on the website is broken at the moment. He took the serial from me over the phone and registered it for me. Didn't want to start a fire without being certain my wood was dry so I deleted the initial post. Sorry if I scared the rabbit. I get the scope rings thing. They don't really look very well blued. Definitely get a "there will be rust here if I don't stay on top of it" vibe when I look at them.

Good to know - so it all worked out with the inconsistent serial number from the box?

Funny how you posted it and it was read in that time. It made me think I was going nuts since I couldn't find it after 45 minutes of searching every keyword I could think of...

Looked at the new 2022 Howa Super Lites and Carbon Stalker rifles. Good lookin rifles! I see that they use carbon stocks by Stockys? Went to the interwebs to see if they are available for purchase separately and couldn't find them anywhere. Can anyone shed some light on this? Are they a custom Howa package stock?

I love my howas and my vanguards. I would love one of these lightweight carbon stocked rifles but i would like it even better in stainless. Is there a possibility of a stainless model? Or is there a reason howa has largely gone away from stainless?

i gavw my eye on a carbon stalker 6.5prc. anyone own one, total weight with scope

for the foreseeable future, left handed rifles are not going to be offered. unless someone places an order for X amount (in the thousands). its a huge investment to double the inventory to add a left handed option to every caliber and barrel option listed.
I am in the market for a new rifle. Sure like the Howa mountain.
Is this still the case- no left handed version?

I have a weatherby vanguard 7 mag. The pressure point with the factory stock gives me pretty bad grouping once I put a bipod on since it has so much flex in it. I was thinking of putting a B&C stock on it. I have 2 questions that I was hoping someone could answer. 1. If I drop it in a B&C stock will the barrel then be free floated or will that mess up accuracy? 2. Is it necessary to bed the action on a B&C stock or will it be a tight enough fit right away?

I have a weatherby vanguard 7 mag. The pressure point with the factory stock gives me pretty bad grouping once I put a bipod on since it has so much flex in it. I was thinking of putting a B&C stock on it. I have 2 questions that I was hoping someone could answer. 1. If I drop it in a B&C stock will the barrel then be free floated or will that mess up accuracy? 2. Is it necessary to bed the action on a B&C stock or will it be a tight enough fit right away?
Did you get this project completed? I ask because I just had one built using a Howa action and B&C stock.

turning my Howa 270 into a 7 PRC.
proof barrel of C/F around 18"
Need to upgrade from standard bolt face to magnum bolt face - who is the GO TO guy for this?

Me and my family have owned howa rifles for years. My grandpa had owned several and my dad has a ton. Absolutely love your guys rifles. I own a Axiom in 308 and it's my favorite rifle I own.

*Hands award across dias for Least Useful Answer of the Day*
Thanks.
Other than the barrel I'm already ordering I need exactly ONE part - a bolt face - to do this conversion.
If you can't suggest a vendor for that one part then why bother replying?
Do you have any other useless info to add or should I just go quietly screw myself like my.wofe suggested?
Thanks,
Brian
I already offered you advise. You’d have been ahead of you took it.

Did you only want answers that agree with you?

If you have all the answers why did you ask?

How much does the howa with the oryx chassis weigh? Interested in weights for the mini action (.223) and the short action (6.5 creedmoor). I looked on the legacy sports website and could not find it.

The last response from a legacy sports rep was early 2021. Lots of questions not being responded too. :(

How much does the howa with the oryx chassis weigh? Interested in weights for the mini action (.223) and the short action (6.5 creedmoor). I looked on the legacy sports website and could not find it.
They list the weights on the catalog that you have to download. Mini .223 heavy barrel shows 8 or 9lb depending on the caliber. 6.5 creedmoor shows 9 to 9.8lb.

It has been great that Matt from Howa/Legacy Sports has joined the forum and is trying to answer all our questions. I am putting this new thread as a sticky in the Firearm forum so that it is easier for him to find the thread and answer questions.

In addition to shooting guns all day, Matt does have a real job at Legacy, so I want to make this as easy as possible for him.

Please post future Howa questions here.

Howa website it here -----> http://www.legacysports.com/hogue-stainless
Got a Howa 270 Win a while back. Been trying to chase accuracy issues. I ordered a B&C stock, had it bedded, changed scopes and tried different ammo. Best I could get was a 4" group from Norma Whitetail. Remington and Federal wouldn't even hit the target half the time. Howa has a good reputation. I have owned two other ones and they were shooters. I am stumped and cannot spend any more money on it.

Got a Howa 270 Win a while back. Been trying to chase accuracy issues. I ordered a B&C stock, had it bedded, changed scopes and tried different ammo. Best I could get was a 4" group from Norma Whitetail. Remington and Federal wouldn't even hit the target half the time. Howa has a good reputation. I have owned two other ones and they were shooters. I am stumped and cannot spend any more money on it.
Get in touch with their US distributor, Legacy Sports International. They could probably help before you throw more money at it.

There’s some fine print on their website about the rifle being warrantied only to the original owner who registered within 30 days of purchase, but I’d still give them a call.

Back